Solved

Tasks with Future SLA

• 3 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Tasks with a future SLA

Our SLA’s are generated based on the plan start date. But if the plan start date is greater than 31 days, these tasks do not go into PSO.

They only go into PSO when the SLA is within the next 31 days.

Is there a way to include Sla’s greater than 31 days?

This is used for our preventative maintenance tasks that are booked months in advance

icon

Best answer by AdrianEgley 7 September 2020, 18:08

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @jbernardo,

Can you advise if the above resolved your issue and if so mark the most appropriate post as best answer?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

In FSM are you not meaning this app param?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Above is for IFS Apps 8. I meant to say that the larger the scheduling window, the more tasks the DSE has to process and you may get issues with file size or schedule quality. We had to increase the file size allowance a few times.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @jbernardo - noticed this one had a ‘FSM’ tag. Just wondering if the response above is from the IFS Apps platform.

If you are using FSM to import the shifts and appointments into PSO then I think the App Param you need in ‘Scheduling App Params’ is ‘APPOINTMENT_BOOKING_FUTURE_DAYS’.

The Param Desc for this is as follows: The number of days in advance you allow appointment booking a task.  This will determine how many days of shifts and availabilities are sent to PSO.

I have just been tweaking this param and one thing I would be careful of is the impact on performance of the Workbench.

I have a fresh Live DB in our Dev Environment so plenty of tasks. I changed the param from 30 to 60 and this added another 30mb to the Initial Load. Maybe now making our DEV PSO server under resourced. I have changed it back to 15 days, and loads fine and reduced the standard inital load by 15mb. So that appears to be the parameter to change. But please be aware the impact on performance.

Ady

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

In Service  & Maint/Scheduling/Basic Data/Scheduling Dataset , you set Scheduling Work Days and Appointment Work Days. Below is the response to a case I raised that the conversion from IFS to 360 is a bit odd. We have a 24/5 calendar set in the Dataset but there is a conversion to 7 days that wasn’t entirely logical. 

The Scheduling Window visible in i.e. the workbench is based on the Dataset’s Scheduling Work Days  + Appointment Work Days that exist as valid dates in the dataset’s connected “Calendar”. This means if the dataset calendar is a Monday to Friday calendar, then the visible days are 4 scheduling days + 4 Appointment days + 2 non-working days Saturday and Sunday!

I got to where I needed with trial and error. As with most things 360, make a small change, observe the impact and tweak it again. This change will be effected with the LOAD file

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You can set how many days / weeks ahead the PSO schedules for. We’re set up for 7 weeks as we generate PPM in the month prior, and these get allocated

Thanks - where do you set that up exactly? could you send a screenshot?

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

You can set how many days / weeks ahead the PSO schedules for. We’re set up for 7 weeks as we generate PPM in the month prior, and these get allocated