Solved

Task Schedule parameter "Check Executing"

• 14 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Upon scheduling a database task I found the parameter “Check Executing” just above the Start Date, marked with yellow in the picture below. 

Usually when activating a scheduled task I check the check box “Active” and then consider when to start the schedule (start date). But I found that the parameter “Check Executing” is checked for some scheduled tasks and unchecked for some. 

In the documentation I can’t find any information about the mentioned check box. 

Can someone please explain what the parameter does and recommend whether to have it checked or unchecked? 

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 14 December 2020, 10:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @MarieSkoldenborg,

Could you please check here :) 

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Marie,

This setting will check, if there is an already posted background (which is executing) for the same scheduled task.

Example:

Lets say you have a task scheduled to be executed hourly

• Check executing selected – let’s say the 1st job started at 1 pm. Now it is 2 pm. Before starting a new job, system will check whether the previous jobs are executed. If they have been executed, then only the 2 pm job will be posted.
  • Check executing not selected – let’s say the 1st job started at 1 pm. Now it is 2 pm. Before starting a new job, system will not check whether the previous jobs are executed. System will post jobs at 2 pm, 3 pm 4 pm etc.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks @Yasas_AK  @ThiliniK for your responses, they were both very helpful. Now I will proceed and go through where we should have this checkbox checked or not. 

Best regards,

Marie