Solved

survey output as attachment

• 17 February 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

what do you do with your surveys? do you just leave them as data within the task? how do you give those survey results to your customers?

we created a report for the output of the surveys but you have to pull that report manually. it doesn't create an attachment on the task

curious what other companies do for this

icon

Best answer by Mike The FSM TechnoGeek 14 May 2020, 19:48

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

with the correct event coding (would be a little length to post) you could trigger a report to run, compiling the information into a PDF, this PDF could then either be attached to the original survey for future manual emailing or emailed automatically to the responsible person when the survey is closed or passes its closing date…  just a thought if you’d like to go down this route...

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

with the correct event coding (would be a little length to post) you could trigger a report to run, compiling the information into a PDF, this PDF could then either be attached to the original survey for future manual emailing or emailed automatically to the responsible person when the survey is closed or passes its closing date…  just a thought if you’d like to go down this route...

@richardwoods  that sounds like it would work. Our company is still new to IFS would you be able to assist in what that event coding would look like?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@richardwoods any insight on this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@richardwoods - i found that in the notification message i can add a report to it! i would assume this is the way to go but i am getting an error in the email body

something in the back end i need to change?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Mike The FSM TechnoGeek  - i tried to attach a custom report to notification message. when the email gets sent the below error shows up in the email and doesnt attach the report. I get what it’s trying to tell me but not sure where i should be making the fix

Any thoughts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

If you are using a server-side (SSRS/.RDL) report, you need to have SSRS installed.  Try attaching a client-side (.RDLC) report to the notification.  That URL looks like it might be trying to reference an SSRS installation which doesn’t exist. 

You may just need to set the App Param REPORT_SERVER_URI_SSRS to the correct address in FSM.  Don’t forget to refresh cache.  App Params are cached.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Mike The FSM TechnoGeek  client side reports work. 

is there a way i can add this custom report to be seen under “reportviewer” whererever FSM is looking for? the report itself is an RDLC file. i just dont think its being stored in the place that its pulling from. Does that make sense?

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Assuming you uploaded the report file through the ‘Reports Admin’ screen, and set up the report definition metadata for it, then you shouldn’t need to put it anywhere.  I would need to see how you have your system configured.  The error message indicates that FSM thinks this is a server-side report - a .RDL file that it needs SSRS to work with, not a client-side report.  Do you have the report ‘Source’ set to ‘Client Report’ in the Reports Admin screen?

Also, before you upload client reports, you will want to make sure you have the following App Params set:
ENABLE_CLIENT_REPORTS : Y
CLIENT_REPORTS_PATH : a working, accessible address or addresses.  Make sure to put your custom path first and the baseline reports path second if you have custom versions of baseline reports.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Assuming you uploaded the report file through the ‘Reports Admin’ screen, and set up the report definition metadata for it, then you shouldn’t need to put it anywhere.  I would need to see how you have your system configured.  The error message indicates that FSM thinks this is a server-side report - a .RDL file that it needs SSRS to work with, not a client-side report.  Do you have the report ‘Source’ set to ‘Client Report’ in the Reports Admin screen?

Also, before you upload client reports, you will want to make sure you have the following App Params set:
ENABLE_CLIENT_REPORTS : Y
CLIENT_REPORTS_PATH : a working, accessible address or addresses.  Make sure to put your custom path first and the baseline reports path second if you have custom versions of baseline reports.

Hi Mike

that was it. it was set up in the admi as a SSRS report, i changed it to client and it instantly worked.

Thank you a million - you’ve saved me hours of my day

eternally grateful!