Solved

Service Quotation

• 13 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

How do I correctly create a Service Quotation for Warranty Work?  I have Customer A in IFS and I have a Service Contract For Customer A with a Free of Charge Contract Service Line.  The Service Line has their equipment objects in scope and those objects have a Supplier Warranty.  Since this will be  Supplier Warranty WO, IFS will bill my Supplier as the customer on my WO.

Should my service quotation be created to my Suppler/Customer or to my end Customer A?

How do I get this logic to be represented correctly in IFS?  In the Service Quotation I see a spot for Service Quotation but I am unable to enter data in that field on the Work Order Tab of the Quotation.  The only way I seen how to populate this field was preparing the WO and then creating a Service Contract connected to it. 

icon

Best answer by ansalk 18 August 2020, 17:25

View original

1 reply

Badge +1

Service quotation for warranties has not been developed yet in the current core application. However you can use the Invoice Rule to represent the warranty.

If you have already created a WO for the warranty work, RMB on the WO and select Create Service Quotation option. You can enter the End Customer (Customer A) in the dialog which opens. Then it will create a Service quotation for customer A to which the relevant WO is connected. You can go to Work Orders and Tasks tab and add planning lines as necessary if required. Add an invoice rule to the WO. Configure the invoice rule to represent the warranty by assigning the relevant revenue percentages for each of the cost type required.

Calculate quotation totals and release Service quotation. Once customer has accepted it you can process the WO and do further changes on it.

You can also connect the service contract you have already created to this quotation using the Connect Service RMB (IEE)/ Add Service Contract command (Aurena).

Hope this helps