Question

Service Engineer App Notifications  - Not Working

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Former Employee)
  • 12 replies

My Customer installed UPD11 recently and also moved the environment to a very secure infrastructure at the same time. The customer is using Android app on Samsung S6 Galaxy tablet. I know the platform operator locked down a lot of things, so this could be the reason for this behaviour.

The cstomer is using On-Premise TAS. 

Anyway, Notifications for new work are not received on the device.  Is this anything we need to check with the IT infrastructure provider?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Anjana,

Please check if the manual notifications are working to make the trouble shooting easy.

Go to Mobile user details > Installed app details that you are currently using, and Send Notification. Send a manual notification from here and make sure background job got executed. And then check if the notification is received in the mobile.

If manual notification is also not working, could be something wrong in push notification hub settings. 

@Binesh anymore things to check? :)

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

In the same page/window Sampath mentioned (Installed Apps/Devices), there are two columns for Push Enabled and Push Valid To. If the first one isn’t ticked and the second one doesn’t show a date, then there’s some issue with push registration for that device. If the customer has firewall or other security measures blocking our Middleware Server with Microsoft Azure, then these registrations may fail. If the registration seems correct (both columns have values), then you can try sending a test notification for that device using the right-click menu → Send Notification.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you very much. I will look into the suggested mechanism and get back to you

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Binesh,

I checked Mobile User Details and noted there is no value for the ‘Push Valid To’ field. So as you mentioned there appear to be an issue with Push Registration.  You mentioned this could be a security measure blocking the communication between Middleware Server and Microsoft Azure. For my understanding, regardless of the device platform and whether the application is hosted on-premise or cloud,  does notifications are handled by MS Azure? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I just learnt that this environment is completely isolated from the internet and cannot be opened up to the internet at all due to the high-security profile it requires.  Is there an alternative mechanism to use of  Azure Notification Hub to enable notifications?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

I’m face similar problem USING APPS 10 UPD12 - MWO MAINTENANCE 10 - 10.13.1360.0.

Tried the manual notification, the job works in background and has the state “ready”. But the notification does not show in mobile.

Also checked the mobile permission and it’s OK.

push is empty.

Any other ideas?

Tks