Is it possible to generate works orders using separate pm actions based on the hours runtime of a machine or km’s driven by a vehicle using standard functionality in IFS Apps 8?
I only see options to base this on day, week, month or none in the maintenance plan (shown in the attached image) so I would guess not using this but I wonder about an event based on measurements / readings taken and entered into the system.
Anyone else had similar requirements?
Best answer by ThiliniK
Yes, you can use “Criteria” tab in the PM Action for that purpose.
- First you have to define parameters (Machine runtime, Temperature, mileage etc) in Service and Maintenance\Basic Data\Maintenance Basic Data – Parameters tab. (The parameters can be either limit or accumulated).
- Then take you object and in the “Test points/Parameters” tab, define test points and parameters. (Service and Maintenance\Equipment\Functional Object\Functional Object or Service and Maintenance\Equipment\Serial Object\Serial Object).
- Then you can create a PM action for the above object.
- In the criteria tab, enter the parameters you need to monitor.
- If it is an accumulate parameter, you have to enter start value and interval.
- If it is a limit parameter, you can enter min value and max value.
- Activate the PM Action.
- Register measurements.
- Run condition generation job. Service and Maintenance\Preventive Maintenance\Maintenance Plans\Condition Generation
- This will create work orders if the criteria is met - Temperature exceeded, Mileage reached etc
Criteria Tab - Help documentation:
Use this tab to enter and view information on condition limits for the parameters that are linked to the object. If it is a cumulative parameter, enter a start value and interval. It creates a maintenance line in the Maintenance Plan tab. If the parameter is a limit value, enter minimum and maximum values. When the condition limits exceed, a work order is generated based on the PM action