Solved

Separate PM Actions Generating WO bases on Hours Worked/Runtime

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Is it possible to generate works orders using separate pm actions based on the hours runtime of a machine or km’s driven by a vehicle using standard functionality in IFS Apps 8?

I only see options to base this on day, week, month or none in the maintenance plan (shown in the attached image) so I would guess not using this but I wonder about an event based on measurements / readings taken and entered into the system.

Anyone else had similar requirements?

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 19 November 2020, 14:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Matt,

Yes, you can use “Criteria” tab in the PM Action for that purpose.

1. First you have to define parameters (Machine runtime, Temperature, mileage etc) in Service and Maintenance\Basic Data\Maintenance Basic Data – Parameters tab. (The parameters can be either limit or accumulated).
  2. Then take you object and in the “Test points/Parameters” tab, define test points and parameters. (Service and Maintenance\Equipment\Functional Object\Functional Object or Service and Maintenance\Equipment\Serial Object\Serial Object).
  3. Then you can create a PM action for the above object.
  4. In the criteria tab, enter the parameters you need to monitor.
  5. If it is an accumulate parameter, you have to enter start value and interval.
  6. If it is a limit parameter, you can enter min value and max value.
  7. Activate the PM Action.
  8. Register measurements.
  9. Run condition generation job. Service and Maintenance\Preventive Maintenance\Maintenance Plans\Condition Generation
  10. This will create work orders if the criteria is met -  Temperature exceeded, Mileage reached etc

Criteria Tab - Help documentation:

Use this tab to enter and view information on condition limits for the parameters that are linked to the object. If it is a cumulative parameter, enter a start value and interval. It creates a maintenance line in the Maintenance Plan tab. If the parameter is a limit value, enter minimum and maximum values. When the condition limits exceed, a work order is generated based on the PM action

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Fab, thank you for this, I was just starting to explore measurements but this has made light work of what could have been a lot of messing around.