Question

Search result export to excel or pdf

• 17 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

In request search page , the data set retrieved by some filter condition , required to capture in Excel or pdf .

In web instance is it possible ?

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

It works without anything else.  The Web Client javascript is keyed to the tag and renders an export button for any listgroup ‘header_def’ tag in the results panel node of the defining XML document.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Mike The FSM TechnoGeek ,

thanks again. Should this work without anything else or is a client script required?

regards,

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Yes.  You can do this from the Web Client, though it’s a little different.  Some screens have an ‘export’ button on the search results.  If the screen you want to export search results from does not already have an export button, then you need to add one in UI Designer.

In a custom screen, add an empty <header_def/> tag in the result panel. Like this (see screenshot). This will give you an export button in the TASK screen for the Web Client.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Mike The FSM TechnoGeek,

unfortunately I don’t have access to to the link. Would you be so kind to post the answer over here?

regards,

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Please see the answer at the bottom of this post:

https://community.ifs.com/topic/show?tid=2760&fid=103

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We are facing the same requirement now more often. We need to retrieve simple excel lists via overview screens (like request and tasks). The excel should display the columns / data defined in the UI designer. Is there a simple way to retrieve excel lists via screens directly? 

Of course we are aware of the import/export functionality but this only exports dedicated tables and not search results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You don’t have access because you’re not listed as a partner. Do you work for an IFS partner? I couldn’t tell from your registration information!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Lee Pinchbeck : Thanks for your response. But, even from smart client also ,how to retrieve the searched dataset, in excel?

Please advise.

https://community.ifs.com/ifs-field-service-management-fsm-employees-partners-only-103/fsm-search-view-print-option-for-export-to-excel-2760

Link not accessible for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Asterix,

Just had confirmation that this is not in the Web client intentionally and there is not a current planned version to add this in to the Web client functionality either. This action would need to be done from the Smart client instead.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Asterix,

I know this is possible in the Smart Client via the method described in the below post:

https://community.ifs.com/ifs-field-service-management-fsm-employees-partners-only-103/fsm-search-view-print-option-for-export-to-excel-2760

There are some functions that are intentionally not included in the Web client as the Web client is not intended to provide the functions that would be deemed a Studio user function. I will check to confirm that the export falls under this but I believe it would as it deals with extraction of data out of the system which would usually only be done by an advanced user who has the technical knowledge to then deal with that data.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck