Solved

Scheduling Quick Report for Save using Application Server Task

• 23 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
  1. I created a AST as below for a quick report in IFSAPPS 9
  2. After executing the schedule, following message has been created.
    1. How can I use the report result to save in to a file? Message Response is transferred to  BizAPI: ExcelQuickReport: RenderExcelQuickReport. How can I use this?

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 23 April 2020, 14:27

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

A scheduled quick report will output an Excel. This Excel can either be emailed or checked in to document management (docman).

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@ChanakaAmarasekara  Thank you for the reply. That means, my second solution should be developed. I will get the file out from PL/SQL side. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara, But I wonder what happens to the Message Response that is transferred to  BizAPI: ExcelQuickReport: RenderExcelQuickReport ?  can we use it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara, But I wonder what happens to the Message Response that is transferred to  BizAPI: ExcelQuickReport: RenderExcelQuickReport ?  can we use it?

Hi

I’m not sure you can, but you can try it and see.

Or you can try writing code to call the RenderExcelDocument manually and save to disk but you might not be able to schedule it.

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

A scheduled quick report will output an Excel. This Excel can either be emailed or checked in to document management (docman).

Regards,

@ChanakaAmarasekara  Do you have any quick guide on how to do this process or do you know if it is in the standard online help documents? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@ChanakaAmarasekara I found the detail in other posts and on the IFS Documentation. Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@samglk - this maybe too old post :) But I would like to know whether you implemented the solution you have mentioned here. That is, to save the Quick Report result into an excel file (schedule this job also)

I also need a similar solution and just wants to check whether you have done anything :)

Regards,

Rajika.

Badge +4

Hi,

Regards,

@samglk - this maybe too old post 🙂 But I would like to know whether you implemented the solution you have mentioned here. That is, to save the Quick Report result into an excel file (schedule this job also)

I also need a similar solution and just wants to check whether you have done anything :)

Regards,

Rajika.

Hi!

Yes, would be really interesting to know if it is possible to render an Excel doc (by calling the the available RenderExcelDocument service) from the PL-SQL code and put the reslut on disc or into a blob. 

Has anyone done this and want to share the code?

/Fredrik

Badge

giving .xlsx extension in file name will give you a excel output