Question

My Stock in mWO Service App after changing user remote warehouse

• 8 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I want to be able to switch remote warehouse easily - changing vans (having different stocks). 

When changing the user remote warehouse (i.e. removing and adding a new warehouse to the user) My Stock view in mWO Service App is not updated as expected: Parts that exist in the removed warehouse are displayed with quantity available 0. The parts in the new warehouse are displayed correctly. InvnetoryPartInStock in the database viewer displays just parts in the newly connected remote warehouse.  This is after running synchronization rules InventoryPartInStock and UserWareHouseConnection.

After also running synchronization rules for InventoryPart, UserRemoteWarehouseQuery, WareHouseBayBin still the result shows the qty available 0.

It seems odd that qty available 0 is displayed, as My Stock shows available parts.

Note that after initialization all parts with qty available 0 are removed from My Stock. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Looks like you have run all required entities (entities in Materials and Parts activity groups) manually that required to reflect this change in mobile. Did you also follow the created “Sync tasks” and made sure those are successfully completed? 

Additionally you might want to run the “Refresh mobile user inventory parts” scheduled task after switching the warehouses to updated the inventory part list that user has access to. 

If initialization fix the issue, normal sync (batch) should also fix the issue but only doubt is if all required data is synced as it is manually done.

Thanks

Sampath  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Actually I found that only the parts are displayed that were in the previously connected warehouse.  InventoryPartInStock in the database viewer displays the parts in the newly connected remote warehouse….  This is after running synchronization rules InventoryPartInStock and UserWareHouseConnection. 

Then I tried again and ran the scheduled database task to 'Refresh All Inventory Parts'. That helped and made the parts available after running the synchronization rules again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Good to hear that the issue was sorted. 

I would like to know the business scenarios around assigning vans to technicians. How does that happen? Do they have a fixed van per technician? Or are they using random vans each day (taking a van from yard for example)? 

Then in the IFS application side, how do you map this? Do they switch the user/warehouse connection frequently?

Additionally, how does the warehouse/location/bay/bin/row set up look like in a remote warehouse (van)? Usually is it a one remote warehouse with one (or several) location without bay/bin/row level set up? 

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Service technician often have a kind of dedicated van - to make them feel responsible. For some work however they may need to switch to another van having specific tooling installed (e.g. a lift to reach higher places). Vans are known as remote warehouses and are linked to the user that is using the van at that moment. We did not map them as tools (yet)...

When the service technician is planned to perform the type of work that requires another van, the new remote warehouse is linked to the user, and the old remote warehouse is removed - i.e. when the technician collects/swaps the van. They do not require to change very often, it happens occasionally. 

Then they need to run the scheduled task and syncing rules, or just run the syncing rules and then initialize… 

The remote warehouse set up is exactly as you say - very simple with very few locations (usually 1 or 2).

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks. This helps a lot.