Question

MWO Service Application

• 24 February 2021
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi

I am trying to set up the MWO Service Engineer application into our training environment, but when I come to initializing I get the following error, “Initialization already in process”
I have no other MWO applications enabled so I'm a little confused, has anyone else came across this issues and how did they resolve it? 

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

I am trying to set up the MWO Service Engineer application into our training environment, but when I come to initializing I get the following error, “Initialization already in process”
I have no other MWO applications enabled so I'm a little confused, has anyone else came across this issues and how did they resolve it? 

Thanks 

What happens if you select ‘Force Initialization’? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

It just does the same, goes green for about 60secs and then straight back to failing.

Userlevel 7

It just does the same, goes green for about 60secs and then straight back to failing.

Can you check the logs in Solution Manager\Touch Apps\Logs and Queues\Logs and also on the device, go to settings and clear cache and send the logs from the device to yourself and see if you can see any errors? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

the only error that is showing is a timeout error 
“Error - DEQTIMEOUT: Timeout [360 sec] occured while waiting for invoke response.” 
Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You normally see this message when the previous initialization is still in progress. Client might some how managed to0 retry initialization request. This could be due to wrong data setup for your user.  Can you check the status of your installed app device from EE scree?

Also you can do a test Initialization from the installed Device app. This will create a dummy device and do the data Initialization for your user. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi 

ive checked these and cant see anything out of the ordinary, apart from it is initializing, even though my mobile client isnt open, i tried the Dummy and i am getting the same error.

iv tried deactivating the device and starting again but i end up getting the same error.

Thanks ​​​​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ok that means you have issues in one or many entities and they takes long time to sync data. As the next step you can enable extended login via app param (Set app param ‘SERVER_LOG’ =>ON for ServiceEngApp) and see what entity is sync is stuck by navigate to logs screen from installed app device. When you enable SERVER LOGS< then you can see one log line per synchronizing entity and you can figure out what’s the active synching entity via the logs in EE

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, just checked the device logs and im getting this error 

“I    25/02/2021 09:58:38    RequestingInitialization
E    25/02/2021 09:58:39    <Ifs.Cloud.Client.Exceptions.CloudException><Message>Initialization already in process</Message><StackTrace>   at Ifs.Uma.Startup.Win!&lt;BaseAddress&gt;+0x1714177
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at SharedLibrary!&lt;BaseAddress&gt;+0x4d5c60
   at SharedLibrary!&lt;BaseAddress&gt;+0x4d5be8
   at SharedLibrary!&lt;BaseAddress&gt;+0x4d5ba7
   at Ifs.Uma.Startup.Win!&lt;BaseAddress&gt;+0x1714703
   at Ifs.Uma.Startup.Win!&lt;BaseAddress&gt;+0x17148df”

and in the logs on the installed app device, this is the last log got what runs 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

As per my last comment if you enable SERVER_LOGS via application parameter, then you get one line per each entity saying ‘Initializing <Entity Name>….’

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, 

yes sorry this is now activated, and this is the logs, seems to be stopping on “Synchronizing entity CustomerInfoContact” 

Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Perfect. Great to hear that.

Also please check Synchronized entity screen in EE to identify such entities which has poor sync timing. the values are in milliseconds and you can filter for your app and sort by duration to find the top slow entities and address them by setting correct basic data. 

Regards

Kapila

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, 

Two of them seem to be taking over 20 mins each 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Really!! it’s extremely high. :hushed:

Check for any linked custom files on those entities. Because sometime we see custom fields with PLSQL get methods could cause entities to take longer time. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, just checked the entities, and there isnt any custom fields connected to them. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Liam,

What are the two entities that takes around 20 minutes to sync? You can perhaps view entity details and try running the view and the default where and checking how long it takes in PLSQL to run. Could be some performance issue on data load maybe?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, 

Two of them seem to be taking over 20 mins each 

Thanks

Hi @SWTSTSLIAM ,

In the screenshot you have attached, the top two entities has 14s and 13s synchronization duration (as the value is in milliseconds). It is a normal behavior. If there is an Entity which  consumes  20 minutes it should have a value equal to or greater than 1,200,000.00.

If you think that there is an Entity that takes more time. Navigate to Entity Details and search for the Entity by providing the App Name, App Version and Entity Name. Select the view and execute a count query for the Entity using the query tool. This will give you an idea on the amount of data being transferred to mobile. Permission set filters can be used in order to reduce the amount of data.  

Best Regards,
Atheeq