Question

MWO Notifications

• 7 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Is there a reason why the MWO app does not give a notification that a work order has been assigned or unassigned without being on the application itself.

Notifications have been turned on within the settings of the iphone but this does not seem to work. It is only once you open the MWO app that you receive a new work order notification,

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Shouldn’t be. What version of MWO are you running and on what platform?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

We are on iOS and version 1.35.1

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Looks like you are running IFS Applications 9 then. In Solution Manager > Touch Apps > Admin > Installed Apps/Devices screen can you look for your user, app, app version and device and see if the Push Enabled field is set and the Push Valid To is set to a date in the future?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

The field has a value for our engineers. I may not have explained the query properly.

When the engineer logs into the MWO app, he will be notified of new work orders. However, if the app is open in the background, the app doesn’t seem to give notifications like any other app would i.e. if you swipe downward from the top of the iphone you would see notifications.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Yes I understand the question. The system uses platform specific push notification hubs which are transmitted via the Touch Apps Server or Touch Apps Cloud. Can I ask how you connect your MWO App? Do you have an On Premise Touch Apps Server or do you use the IFS Touch Apps Cloud with a Cloud Uplink?

Cheers

James

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

We are using an on premise TAS

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I have done some more investigation on this one and I am sorry to say that on Apps 9 the MWO iOS App handles notifications silently. This means you will only see the notifications when the App is in use which is how you see it working today. There is unfortunately a technical limitation with this App that prevents us from managing this in any other way.

In Apps 10 this is not the case and notifications are shown when the arrive.

Cheers

James