MWO Failed Transactions

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Can someone help me understand why failed transactions occur in the IFS MWO service 10 App? can someone also educate me on how to interpret those failed transactions in layman's terms? how do I drill down to see those failed transactions in IFS Any Input will be appreciated.

Thanks 

Mesh  

This topic has been closed for comments

24 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Mesh,

Basically failed transaction shows failed data going from mobile app to backoffice. But there are various types of failed transaction and how to manage those failed transactions.

Hope this link will help you to get an idea on that.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/415_touch_apps/010_administration/070_trouble_shooting/default.htm#Troubleshooting_Failed_Transactions

Best regards,
Dakshinie 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Dakshinie,

Many thanks for the Article. 

Please can explain to me of how to interpret this kind of failed transactions in a laymen language? in addition what is the meaning of ORA - 2011? etc. 

ORA-20111: WorkOrder.FND_RECORD_NOT_EXIST: The Work Order does not exist.

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 140

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 366

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_API", line 3545

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_API", line 3549

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_API", line 55

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_API", line 60

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_API", line 2495

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_API", line 2526

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_API", line 2531

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_API", line 2580

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_API", line 2598

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_API", line 2604

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_API", line 1159

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_API", line 1167

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SERVICE_ENG_APP_SVC", line 27655

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SERVICE_ENG_APP_SVC", line 27666

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SERVICE_ENG_APP_SVC", line 27278

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SERVICE_ENG_APP_SVC", line 27295

ORA-06512: at line 2

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Can someone pleaseexplain to me the meaning of this error message (see attached document) in a layman language? and how to resolve this kind of failed transaction? 

Your help and contribution is deeply appreciated! 

Regards,

Mesh

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@meshfemi is this this happening with all users or just one? There seems to be a missing element with the data causing the issue. This may happen if, the records was removed by the back office, the user profile is missing set-up elements. 

Was there only one line for the failed transactions?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@CSheprutterkey, at the moment it happened to one user as you seen in the document. has this kind of thing happen to you or any user you know before? how do you fix this? 

Many thanks for your input very appreciated.  

Regards,

Mesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Mesh,

The best way to start investigating the failed transaction is to check the first failed transaction that a specific user has got. Is this the only failed transaction this user has got? If not, start with them chronologically and try to resolve the first one. 

Failed transactions are usually grouped to a work task ID, which means that once a failed transaction occurs for a specific work task, all other transactions will also get stuck in the Failed Transactions window. However maybe only the first failed transaction is the actual problem and resolving it will resolve the other transactions automatically.

If the first failed transaction is the one you just pasted here, then if you were to check this error stack in the database, you could find where the issue is. In the failed transaction detail window can you see the input variables and let us know what the WO_NO is on this screen for you (example below)?

If you can provide the above information, then it might be easier to diagnose what the actual problem. Perhaps you can send us a screenshot of the list of failed transactions as well.

Best Regards,
Ibrahim 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Ibrahim Naazir , many thanks for your contribution. Here is another example of Failed Transactions from mobile users. This is quite frustrating for Mobile users. Thanks community and your contribution is appreciated. 

• Please can you explain to me what this failed transaction means in a plain language?
  • Why this failed transaction occurred?  
  • How do we resolve this? and
  • How do we prevent this from happening again?   

Screenshot #1.

Screenshot #2.

Screenshot #3. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Mesh,

1)  This one seems a bit strange. It says that Instance of enity Jt_Execution_Instance with primary key [9660.0,-2.0]. What you need to understand is that all transactions created from the mobile usually have IDs with a negative value since the mobile application can be used offline which means it does not know the current sequence value. So it assigns a negative value instead.

However in the error it does show you the Task_Seq (9660) but in the input variables you see it as -1. This part is a bit strange for me as it already knows the Task_Seq but shows as a negative value. 

2) I cannot be sure exactly why this happened. By the looks of the list of failed transactions it seems to be happening for every single work task? If so you can enable synchronization traces and then we can check what actions are performed by the user. This may give us some insight into what was done an what could be causing it.

3)  To resolve it you can first try clicking on the resend button. Usually I have seen that some of these get resolved by clicking on that button. If it doesnt and shows you an error asking if you want to delete it, do not delete it. Instead we can resolve this specific failed transaction quite easily because the error message seems to show the task_id (9660) so you can replace the input vairable of task_seq with 9660 and you can go to the task and check for the id of the work assignment for that specific task. Replace the jt_execution_instance_seq with that ID and it will go through.

4) To prevent this from happening we need a proper test flow that recreates this failed transaction so we can investigate using sync traces and see what is going wrong. Then we need to see if its due to a bug or not and then fix it.

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Ibrahim Naazir , concerning answer #3, can you demonstrate the solution with screenshots (i.e. replacing input variable of task_seq with 9660 )? This will provide more clarity 

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@meshfemi I do not have a failed transaction similar to this at the moment but in one of your previous replies you have provided 3 screenshots. In your third screenshot you have highlighted in yellow the negative -2 value for task_seq on the right side of the screenshot.

That is the input variables section. You can see in the heading of the screenshot that (9668,-2) which means that even though the input variable contains -2 you do know the actual task_seq which is 9668. To resolve this particular failed transaction you can handle it by going to the task 9668 and check what is the sequence number for the work assignment for that task. (Should be one or two based on how many work assignments are there).

Then simply go to the failed transaction input variable area and replace task_seq with 9668 and the execution_instance_seq with the work assignment sequence. Then if you resend this you should be able to send the task through.

Note: This only works if you know the value for the task_seq (in this case you can see 9668). You cannot do this when both the task_seq and the jt_execution_instance are both negative numbers.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Ibrahim Naazir Many thanks again for your contribution. 

I believe the assignment sequence you are referring to will be the Assignment No circled in red in the example shown in the screenshot below and the assignment number should correspond the the Task No?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Community, 

Users keep having this kind of Failed Transaction regularly as shown below.

1. what is causing this kind of failed transactions?
  2. How can it be avoided because is causing a lot concerns to MWO users?  

ORA-20113: MobileSyncData.FND_LOCKED: The update could not be performed since the Mobile Sync Data record is currently locked. Please retry the operation.
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 478
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_SYNC_DATA_API", line 704
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_SYNC_DATA_API", line 723
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_SYNC_DATA_API", line 398
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MOBILE_SYNC_DATA_API", line 409
ORA-06512: at line 1

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @meshfemi,

Yes. The assignment number is the “Execution_instance_Seq” in the input variable section. The task number is the “task_seq” in the input variable section.

To answer your second query regarding the MobileSyncData.FND_LOCKED error, it is a temporary error. If you try to resend that failed transaction it should go through. It just means that that exact record in the mobile sync data tab (could be anything that is being synced to the mobile) is currently being updated and that there is another transaction trying to update it. 

However when it updates a record it first locks it for editing therefore the second transaction cannot go through until the lock is released (which is released after the first update is done). Please resend that failed transaction and it should go through without any issue. It is also worth noting that there is a setting in place that will resend failed transactions every 15 min. So these failed transactions will eventually get cleared.

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Ibrahim Naazir thanks again for answering my questions. How do I setup the systemto resend failed transactions every 15 mins? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@meshfemi, you can find the scheduled database task as below:

The default time is usually set to every 15 minutes. Maybe its different in your environment?

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Ibrahim Naazir, thanks again. Can the default time be set to every 5mins instead of 15 mins that seems too long for users? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @meshfemi,

That is of course possible but remember running this can take time if there are a lot of failed transactions. It will try to reprocess all the failed transactions so if run frequently it can of course cause performance issues. Maybe check for background jobs where this function has run and check the usual time that it takes to execute. That should give you a better idea!

However it is upto you and your business requirement to do so. I hope that answers your question. 

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Community,

Below is a failed transaction from a mobile user.

• What could cause this kind of failed transactions? is it similar to “Work Task does not exists” kind of failed transactions?
  • How do you resolve this?

ORA-20111: JtExecutionInstance.FND_RECORD_NOT_EXIST: The Work Assignment does not exist.
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 366
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.JT_EXECUTION_INSTANCE_API", line 1932
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.JT_EXECUTION_INSTANCE_API", line 1936
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.JT_EXECUTION_INSTANCE_API", line 461
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.JT_EXECUTION_INSTANCE_API", line 466
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_JOURNAL_API", line 1666
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_JOURNAL_API", line 1681
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_JOURNAL_API", line 1715
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_JOURNAL_API", line 1719
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_JOURNAL_API", line 575
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_JOURNAL_API", line 583
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SERVICE_ENG_APP_SVC", line 26704
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SERVICE_ENG_APP_SVC", line 26715
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SERVICE_ENG_APP_SVC", line 26278
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SERVICE_ENG_APP_SVC", line 26295
ORA-06512: at line 2

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @meshfemi,

Is that the first (chronologically) failed transaction you see? Have you tried resending this failed transaction?

If you have any screenshots of the details screen please send it here so we can check a few things.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Does anyone know about this failed transaction?

ERRINV: Null value not allowed. (ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("IFSPET"."MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_CFT"."ROWKEY")

USING APPS 10 UPD12 - MWO MAINTENANCE 10 - 10.13.1360.0

This happens as I incomplete the assignment.

Tks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@lopespetro,

Can you show us a picture of the detailed failed transaction? There is a fix coming for this exact FT but need to be sure before I can confirm that its the same issue.

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@lopespetro,

Can you show us a picture of the detailed failed transaction? There is a fix coming for this exact FT but need to be sure before I can confirm that its the same issue.

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Hi @Ibrahim Naazir,

See bellow.

ERRINV: Null value not allowed. (ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("IFSPET"."MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_CFT"."ROWKEY")
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.CUSTOM_OBJECT_RUNTIME_SYS", line 175
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_CFP", line 196
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_CFP", line 373
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_CFP", line 418
ORA-06512: at line 1
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.CUSTOM_OBJECT_RUNTIME_SYS", line 171
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.CUSTOM_OBJECT_RUNTIME_SYS", line 179
ORA-06512: a

I have one CF in the MobileWorkOrder LU.

Tks

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@lopespetro

This one is already currently under investigation and a fix is to be released for this soon.

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@lopespetro

This one is already currently under investigation and a fix is to be released for this soon.

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Gr8

Tks for the info. Let’s wait the fix.

Br.

Lopes