Monthly Send an e mail

• 20 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick
  • 10 replies

Hi everybody

Is it possible to send a document in document revision via e mail for every month?(like a reminder) I’m using IFS 9. If so, how?

Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Amy,

I would go for an event that kicks off a mail. However you miss the trigger. For that I think about a migration job that is scheduled to run every month. It would make a small change to the document revision (for example creating a history line to the revision). That would start the event.

Point is most likely how to not forget to turn of the reminder.

Another way would be custom field in the document revision. This would be a date that the next reminder should be send. A scheduled job (using a custom build api) would change the date one month in future and send of the mail. If you want to stop the reminders, manually change the date to a historic date. This allows you to have multiple documents to be send out via mail.

Regards,

Steve

PS. Do let us know which solution you implemented.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @eqbstal and @Amy

May be the topic Scheduled execution of a custom script will be useful for designing a solution for this. You can write the code in the event action to retrieve the document revision and send it via mail.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @eqbstal and @Amy

May be the topic Scheduled execution of a custom script will be useful for designing a solution for this. You can write the code in the event action to retrieve the document revision and send it via mail.

Cheers!

Damith

Hi @dsj 

Thank you! But it didnt get one thing. Is this work for all doc revision ? I mean how can  I sent the document that I want to send via e mail for using your solution? Where should I select it?