Solved

Mobile_Cleanup_Sys.Clean_Faulty_Sync_Tasks__ is executing and not completing

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Good day. recently the Mobile_Cleanup_Sys.Clean_Faulty_Sync_Tasks__ is never completing and just keeps executing. We try and kill the job, but it wont stop.

I tried setting the error fag on the front end (IEE) and it wont allow me to set this job as an error or stop the job.

We tried placing this in its own batch queue to keep it from jamming up the queue and adding more processes to its queue and it just kicked off more of these jobs that will not complete.

We are running APPS9 UD14 and mWO. 

Where to look to diagnose and resolve this issue and how can you kill a process that wont die?

icon

Best answer by Chathuranga Samarakoon 4 May 2021, 14:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@CUCSOLUTIONS 

As Chathuranga has mentioned above, you could kill the blocking session that is holding the job. Just to add to this you could also view the blocking sessions by following the below steps on PLSQL Developer (through SYS user).

Tools → Sessions → Locked Sessions 

Additionally, you also kill the above job from the database by executing the following script from PLSQL Developer.

begin
  -- Call the procedure
  transaction_sys.stop_job(id_ => :id_);
end;

:id = the job ID of the Mobile_Cleanup_Sys.Clean_Faulty_Sync_Tasks__  background job.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nadeesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@CUCSOLUTIONS you run  below SQL command and you can use serial column to list session in database session screen.sessions.

SELECT level,
       LPAD(' ', (level-1)*2, ' ') || NVL(s.username, '(oracle)') AS username,
       s.osuser,
       s.sid,
       s.serial#,
       s.lockwait,
       s.status,
       s.module,
       s.machine,
       s.program,
       TO_CHAR(s.logon_Time,'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') AS logon_time
FROM   v$session s
WHERE  level > 1
OR     EXISTS (SELECT 1
               FROM   v$session
               WHERE  blocking_session = s.sid)
CONNECT BY PRIOR s.sid = s.blocking_session
START WITH s.blocking_session IS NULL

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thx so much for your feedback and recommendations …. I am saving this in my IFS Admin cheat sheets.