Question

Long Initialization Time

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

We are having an issue with initialization times being 2 hours long. 

After update initialization was just 2 minutes but has gone up, “MobileObjextEI” entity seems to be the hang up. Once that entity runs initialization completes.

17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Can you please check whether you are using “sync all objects” option in the TAS?

/Subash Perera

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Which App are you talking about here?  Mobile Work Order, MWO Service or MWO Maintenance?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Subash Perera yes “Sync all objects” is checked. 

@James Ashmore Mobile Work Order RTM on Apps10 UPD7. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi ,

If you have this “Sync all objects” enabled, all the objects in the user connected sites will be synced to the mobile device . That should be the reason for this issue(I assume you have a huge number of objects synced in your mobile application at the moment). If you don’t have any specific business scenario to have all the objects to be synced to the mobile, please kindly solve issue by removing(uncheck) this option “Sync all objects” in TAS. After you remove this, only the objects connected to the mobile user will be synced to the mobile user.

Following steps must be taken after you change this setting in the TAS:

1.  Validate meta data and  deploy metadata in the TAS portal.
  2.   Run the database task "Clean Up Touch Apps Entity Sync Data" In IEE
  3. Run the scheduled database task "Refresh Mobile Sync Objects"
  4. Initialize the mobile application

/Subash Perera

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The alternative to changing the “Sync All Objects” settings is to add a permission set filter to the entity to limit what objects are synchronized.

Do you have a permission set filter on other Equipment Object entities?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Subash Perera  steps you recommended has been taken previously still takes hours “init Waiting For MWS” . 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@James Ashmore there are no permission set filters on other Equipment Object entities. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Okay, can you check on the Mobile Application lobby page to see what data volumes and timings you are seeing please. You will need to configure the lobby page to show you your data by adding in the App Name.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Timing isn’t bad from what I can see. longest Sync entity is 11.322 ms.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Okay, interesting stats. The Max Sync Time of 1,186 seconds looks very high compared to the average of 2.5 seconds. This makes me wonder if something else is affecting the performance of the system. Do you see a slow down in IFS Apps performance when the sync times are taking a long time?

Its also interesting to see that the longest sync entity time is MaintMaterialReqLine rather than MobileObjectEi so it may not be this entity that is causing your problems.

There is also a relatively high number of Log Errors 3453. Are these all the same error occurring many times per day?

Cheers

James

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

IFS Apps performance doesn’t seem effected. It would seem performance changes with the number of users though it shouldn’t. The DEV environment (recently copied from PROD) seems to perform without the same issues. 

The MaintMaterialReqLine just started to run longer. 

All of the Log Errors are from last week or earlier (5/30-6/4). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Looks like you have an issue with this entity. Could be a performance issue or a record lock. Might be best to raise a support case for further investigation if you cannot see why this is happening.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @CSheprutterkey !

Did you get this issue fixed? We’re facing the same thing here with one of our clientes… If you did so, can you share with me what you did in order to fix it?

Regards,

Elaine Berenguer

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@AVNELBEBR , we were able to get a fix. In this case the entity was hanging up due to data volume. We were able to get a patch as well that further improved performance. 

I would take a look at your sync entities to see if you have some long run times.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you very much @CSheprutterkey ! We were able to track down the patch we need and should apply it soon!

Meanwhile I’ve asked the DBAs to look into the entities as you mentioned! 

:) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thank you very much @CSheprutterkey ! We were able to track down the patch we need and should apply it soon!

Hi @AVNELBEBR and @CSheprutterkey , i’m facing this situation even with UPD14. How did you guys have fixed it?

Synchronizing entity MobileObjectEi is taking a long time to complete

Sync objects all is not checked in TAS. The user has access only the objects in his site and is about 9k.

Tks a lot

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you very much @CSheprutterkey ! We were able to track down the patch we need and should apply it soon!

Hi @AVNELBEBR and @CSheprutterkey , i’m facing this situation even with UPD14. How did you guys have fixed it?

Synchronizing entity MobileObjectEi is taking a long time to complete

Sync objects all is not checked in TAS. The user has access only the objects in his site and is about 9k.

Tks a lot

Hi @lopespetro ! LATIN IFS DEV team did a lot of changes in our customer environment (UPD12) to get if fixed. I couldn’t tell you exactly which of are actually needed to resolve this problem.

I do suggest you to open a case to our provider so they can analyse your environment and deliver a package for you.

Regards!

Elaine