Question

How to create new report in FSM(Not Adhoc)

• 21 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Guys,

I am new to this FSM tool. Can you please tell me how to create new report for internal users. Nobody knows in my team about new report creation. 

I don’t want to create adhoc report. I want to create report like other standard report where I can use filters, company logos, functions, header, footers etc. 

Please tell me step by step. It would be also great if you can tell me if I need to set up before report development in FSM.

I am currently using FSM, Release: 6 

Regards,

Saras

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Saras

We have used Crystal Report Quick Reports for the type of reports that you require.  You can add filters/parameters, company logos, header, footers etc.,  

Help can be found here:

https://YourSystemURL/ifsdoc/f1doc/foundation1/050_development/026_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/080_dev_crep/

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your reply.

As you know there are already inbuilt/default client report. 

How can I create similar to client report without using any third party reporting tool (Crystal report or SQL server report).

Can I develop report using report admin

Regards,

Saras

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @saras360 ,

Report Admin allows you to amend some parameters around the report but not to create and amend the report layout and detail itself.

To create and amend a report would require something like Microsoft Visual Studio or Crystal Reports to generate a file that you can then bring in to FSM using the import option in report admin.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @saras360 ,

you can use attached doc prepared by me to gain knowledge on how to create FSM client reports.

Hope this might help you :grinning:

BR,

Induwari