Solved

Handover of Work Order between shifts using Work Assignment Functionality

• 10 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Dear All,

IEE Version: IFS Application Version 10 Update 7

I am looking for a functionality on work assignment to track time in two below scenarios. My customer is from service management background:

1. Customer personnal (employees) are working in morning shift (6AM to 6 PM) and night shift (6PM to 6 AM) with 12 hours duration each. When work task duration is for more than a day multiple work assignments get created based on HR Schedules. We have status - assigned, accepted, start travel (onroute), waiting at location, work started, pauses and work completion for work assignments currently in standard application. Customer wants to track additional statuses for handover of work between the shift personals at the end of shift and want to track the status for travel back on the work assignments. Is there a way to do that ?
  2. For morning shift personal if the work is scheduled to start at 6 AM at customer’s client location then he will start planning work at say 4 AM (planning for necessary tools, company vehicle allocation, etc). So these extra 2 hours will be counted as overtime for them as per customer. After end of shift morning shift person has to travel back to his base location and the time taken to travel back to base location needs to tracked as overtime. As per my knowledge when using ‘Allocate Resource’ option on work task using gantt chart even if we configure the overtime in HR Schedule work assignment will be created only for normal time where without breaks(lunch break, overtime, etc). Is it feasible in HR schedule to accommodate it so that work assignments can cover the overtime fully? Say before and after shift employees have overtime of 2 hours either side and same can exceed based on situation.

Thanks in Advance for your time and reply.

Regards,

Srinivas J T

icon

Best answer by anmise 11 January 2021, 07:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7

In Update 8 there was new functionality introduced to support this. When a work assignment is in status Accepted or Work Started the assignee can set the work assignment to status Handover from the My Assignments tab in My Work window

You can find more details about it in the news presentation for Upd8 - 

From a Service Management perspective (Tech Portal/mWO?) you’d probably need to setup an event to utilise this functionality though.

For #2, overtime defined in the shift should be visible in the Gantt. You may have to run scheduled database task Generate Calendars for Gantts to see changes reflect though. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Dear André

Thank you very much for your reply.

Regards,

Srinivas