Question

FSM Stock

• 16 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Is it possible in FSM to get a retrospective stock position?

for example; if I wanted to check my stock level 6 weeks prior to today, how could I do this?

Regards

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @PirtekKH 

You can refer Part Transactions screen to get data of transactions happened to parts in your stock. You can calculate total usage and check the stock level any time prior today. 

You may try doing stock min/max analysis and it will give you total usage calculated from part transaction records according to the specified time period in months. Please refer help document of screen “stock ABC analysis” to get an idea.  Hope this may help.

Kind regards,

Kalpani

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @PirtekKH,

I do not believe the part transactions are kept to a level that would allow the required level of rebuilding of the stock for this to be possible.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Lee

In that case what is the correct solution to get retrospective stock levels? Surely this must be possible as Stock is core to FSM

Regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @PirtekKH,

Our company runs an Agent job to copy the stock tables/views (and stock_serial_id) as they were at time of execution and slapping on a “date run” column.The biggest difference between the stored tables is a few ms which is good enough for us.

We didn’t build this into any screens but it is used in external reporting.

We played around with taking the current stock and rewinding via transactions but it felt like too much effort to verify the tranlog records are airtight enough for that purpose.