Solved

FSM - Solutions

• 15 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

Something as a business we have wanted to do for a long time is build a fresh data set for our technicians along the line of a knowledge base. I believe in FSM that Solutions would be the place to start build this information.

Looking at the table structure, I can build a solution for a particular model, product family and name and do the content that bit is pretty straight-forward.

After that is there a specific business rule that would then link a request when created to a solution, or would that be a custom business rule? 

I would then assume once the Request is linked to a solution this would be need to be synchronised to the tablet for the technician to view and also add comments.

Any guidance, experience etc. using Solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ady

icon

Best answer by Isuru Wijeratna 19 January 2021, 11:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi Adrian,

In FSM smart client, requests identify the solution through key words we add in the solutions. To map data between solution and request we can use solution map.

solution map defines the table/column names of request related data that will be used when matching keywords in solutions. 

for example, if the keywords of a solution relate to the customer problem description of the request, you'd add a solution map of request.cust_prob_descr  

If you keywords include model id's of the product, you'd add another map entry for request_unit.model_id

this allows the application to use the data from the request and it's children to provide matches to various solutions, and to calculate the relative value of the solution, based on the number of matches.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Kalpani

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Kalpani,

Yes that makes sense and it appears that the two maps you mention are already there by default.

So if I worked on the basis that the REQUEST_UNIT.MODEL_ID map was key to me, should I see REQUEST.SOLUTION_ID get populated with a value? Or is that field more to say that a specific solution was used?

I can also see a host MPM’s relating to ‘solutions’, for example;

<perform_get_solutions>

<parameters>

<request_id>10950716</request_id>

</parameters>

</perform_get_solutions>

Where that request is created with request_unit and model_id relating to a solution I have created.

But I am not getting anything on the response.

<perform_get_solutions_result>

<response>

</response>

</perform_get_solutions_result>

Do I need to do anything with solution itself in terms of the status? Or are there other MPM’s that are more relevant to this process?

Thanks again,

Ady

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

you can use below MPM to get solution details attached to the request

<perform_get_solutionsex>
  <parameters>
    <request_id>**********</request_id>
    <tracksuggested>Y</tracksuggested>
  </parameters>
</perform_get_solutionsex>

Sync to mobile/tablet

it does not have sync rule for the solution by default. But if you want to send those to mobile, you can create the sync rule for the solution table and you can make available solutions to tablet. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Isuru Wijeratna 

That’s great. After I applied some server logging I can see the difference between get_solutions and get_solutionsex.

From a database perspective I can also see the correct solution status to be used too, which I think was key in getting that perform to work.

WHERE

(

(solutions.active = 'Y' 

AND solution_status.solution_internal_status = 'RDY') 

AND solution_keyword.keyword = '2339'

)

Thank you and @Kalpani too.

Ady