Solved

FSM Scheduled Reports

• 23 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi

Can you tell me how I can setup scheduled reports in FSM 6. I would like the ability to send out various reports automatically at pre-set times

Regards

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 25 November 2020, 17:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @PirtekKH,

I believe you would need to create a new Notification Message with the relevant report(s) attached and then create a schedule in Scheduled Processes with the relevant time period and script in the process to execute that runs the notification message you just created. Notification Message has additional help available from the question mark at the top right and you should be able to view the XML code on business rules that send notifications to get an idea of how to form the code that would go in the schedule.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi

I have created the notification and attached the appropriate report however I am struggling to find the process to execute the notification message. Do you have any examples?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @PirtekKH,

If you search Business Rules for ‘notification’ there should be a few in there that come with FSM that you can use to make a similar rule.

An example would be rule 07 request event notification. The key part is the output parameters of the rule. These should match a distribution list (if you are using one) and an existing notification message.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Lee

The output of the rule says “perform_request_event_notification” is this what you mean? If so there are no distribution lists or notifications with this name that I can see.

Am i looking in the right place?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @PirtekKH,

If you click on the rule ID on the rules tab of the Business Rule you can then see the input parameters and the output parameters. This is where they are defined.

The “perform_request_event_notification” tells it to run a  notification and the parameters tell it which one and to who.

Hope this helps,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Lee

My understanding is that to send out a notification I have to setup the following: Notification message - Distribution List - Business rule

All of the business rules for notifications relate to something happening in FSM such as a request, task or project.

For now my requirement is far simpler, I only want to send a standard report out every night to a target audience.

I have set up the Distribution List and the Notification Message which includes the report I need, the question is what business rule can I use to achieve my goal? Hopefully once this is clear i can add this to the Scheduled Processes

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @PirtekKH,

In that case you would just need the Scheduled Process to have the required frequency against it and then XML entered in the process to execute field that executes the notification.

You should not need a Business Rule at all for a simple time trigger so apologies for complicating matters there although it is worth knowing in case you have a more complex scenario in the future.

XML is not my strong suite but I believe it should be something along the lines of the below:

<perform_request_event_notification>

<parameters>
    <message_name>your message name</message_name>

<distr_list_id>your distribution list ID</distr_list_id>
  </parameters>

</perform_request_event_notification>

This reflects the output process and parameter naming used in Business Rules so should act the same way. Just change the red text to match the elements you have created.

Hope this helps,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Lee

This worked just fine, thanks

Where can I get a list of the parameters that can be used?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @PirtekKH,

Pretty sure those are the only two parameters that the notification MPM expects and will react to. All other settings would need to be done on the distribution list, notification message or schedule depending on what you want to set. Details of what can be set there is described in the help documentation linked on each screen.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck