Do you have a documentation that describes the settings and process if we want to use the put away process : This process is it used if we make a reception by the misc. adujstements transaction or only from a reception ?
What settings are needed in what transactions : Place ? Bins ? Others : business rules...etc..
Could you explain with an example the settings needed in the bins transaction :
What is the meaning and impact ?
It Seems that in the place transaction we have to check the Use stock bin. could you confirm ?
in the reference guide on the place transaction we see : put away process : where is this field , is it removed by Use stock bin ?
Thanks for your help and Regards
Best answer by josdepijper
I have been looking into this topic a few months ago, and also found it pretty difficult to find out how it works. In the end I did found how it works. Since I almost forgot, it's good to explain it over here again.
- So first the ‘Put Away Process’ parameters. It is still there, and its also still on the screen. However it's called differently. The label of this parameters now says ‘Use Stock Bin', but if you double click on the label in the smart client then you find that the actual field name is put_away_proc. As the Column Description is stating, it is only controlling that the system will default the Bin ID with the stock_bin record with the most recent priority date. I think that in practice this means that in general the Bin ID to which the part was stored most recently is used as a default, but off course you can create all kind of logic to manipulate this priority date value.
- Then the sorting. I never really tried the sorting functionality but I am sure if you have the process running that you will find out. From what I read the Bin Put Away Alpha Sort is used to create a first level of ordering within all your existing bins. Then the Bin Put Away Sequence is doing the same but is used as a second more detailed level. I think the idea behind this is similar to other systems with stock functionality and is to create some sense of relative distance between all of your bins. With this you could manipulate the put away process as you need for your business process.
- Take a look at Process 106 ‘PUTAWAY_FOR_RECEIVING_UNIT’ in the Business Rule screen. This process controls the creation of putaway records in the Put Away screen. It is not possible to create putaway records manually or by setting a parameter or by using a button. The Business Rule is for as far as I know the only thing which is generating putaway records. For the Output Parameters of this process you only require location.
- Go to the Logistics Manager and open the function ‘Put Away List'. In the Put Away List you have to refer to the Put Away via some logistic variable like the Receiving ID, the PO ID, etc. When you specify for example the PO ID that generated your Put Away records and press Submit in this screen, then it processes all Put Away records with that PO ID. After this action you will find that your created Put Away in the Put Away screen changed from Status ‘New’ to ‘Pending’.
- Go to Reports. Now you can print the Report ‘Putaway List’. For that you have to specify the ‘Put Away Run ID’ that is stated in you Put Away which is now in the Pending status.
- Go to the Put Away. You can set the status to ‘Processing’ (however as soon as you start doing the following then this status change happens automatically). You have to specify which parts you put away in the Serial and Lot Entry part of the screen. Then you can specify the BIN ID in the header to where the parts are being processed/put away to. Then after setting the status to Complete and press Save the transactions are made. You can see those transactions in the Part Transactions.
Hope this helps.
Jos de Pijper