Solved

FSM Invoicing

• 18 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi

Is it possible to create a back to back invoice in FSM 6?

Regards

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 4 December 2020, 16:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Please explain the details of ‘back to back invoice’?  It is possible to do partial billing in FSM, but it is not clear what a ‘back to back’ invoice is.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi

A back to back invoice is where a service job is invoiced to a Customer (Customer A) in FSM and that Customer (Customer A) then wants to invoice another customer (Customer B) for the exact same value and line items. Effectively customer B is rebilling the invoice from Customer A.

I hope that clarifies the requirement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @PirtekKH,

I don’t believe there is any baseline setting for this but you may be able to set Customer B up as a place in FSM and then set that as the place to bill for the relevant customer or contract depending on what determines when it would be back to back invoiced.

Would you still be wanting to generate the invoice for Customer A or would you be looking to skip the middle man and just go straight to Customer B? If you need both you could create a dummy contract perhaps just to be picked up on billing generation and use a particular flag on the third party customer place record to mark them as such.

I think this might be one you would want to request some time on to fully discuss what you are looking to achieve as it could take some set up across a few areas of the system to get this working exactly as you want but the above is an idea of some ways you could make it work.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck