Question

FSM-Calling Other Screen From One Screen

• 15 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Can anyone please tell me how i can call one screen from another screen.Means i want to call request screen from person screen with some triggering point on the request screen.I am trying to achieve this by writing input XML business rule but its not working.

Is there any other way to achieve it,like client script or workflow or any other business process?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

You can’t use Business rule to open up new screen while you are in one screen. One  option you can do is, create hyperlink on any visible field (ex. request Id  field) in person screen  and click that hyperlink value to open request screen. (this happened automatically once you set proper hyperlink, for ex, you can open contract screen from Request screen  through contract hyperlink in request  screen.) but  this is not something  dynamic as you always need to manual work to open another screen.

When it consider Script,  all the function  related to screen  are Mobile client related, so that you cant expect that it works in back office.(smart client)

Other way round, This looks like Client Side  customization, where you can trigger any custom screen/widget  by calling custom client dll over any  custom client event. (you would need to go through technical training to do this!)

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

In the Web Client, this can be done with client scripting.  You can also do this in the Smart Client by setting up lookup navigation e.g. a ‘breadcrumb’ for a button via the UI Designer.  The metadata which defines the navigation item for a button in the Smart Client is ignored by the Web Client, so you need to use one approach and/or the other depending upon which platform(s) you need to support if you want use a button to navigate to another screen.