Solved

FSM 5.7 Mobile - Important Information Notification

• 28 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

the green notification on mobile - how can you determine what shows up here? 

icon

Best answer by Dhanushki Pahathkumbure 5 May 2020, 05:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello,

The following  parameters control the conditions in which the important information is displayed to the user based on the work assigned to them. The app param names speaks for itself of the function it does, or you can visit these app params in smart client to read the descriptions. This feature is only available for Android.

NOTIFY_DAYS_IF_CONTRACT_EXPIRES 
NOTIFY_DAYS_IF_ECOS_EXIST
NOTIFY_DAYS_IF_OTHER_TASKS_EXIST
NOTIFY_DAYS_IF_PMS_EXIST
NOTIFY_DAYS_IF_WARRANTY_EXPIRES 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @DHPALK 

Thanks for the response. Looking into those app params that doesnt line up with the notifications i have on my screenshot. One of which shows when a task is 1 day overdue and the other when the commitment is overdue as well.

is there somewhere else these are stored? I ended up looking through all of mobile app param but didnt see anything else

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Watch Jeff Senzig’s video of FSM 6 Update 4; the last 5-7 minutes go through how notifications work on mobile. The video is posted on WorkPlace. New changes come in FSM 6 Update 5 that released Thursday.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Watch Jeff Senzig’s video of FSM 6 Update 4; the last 5-7 minutes go through how notifications work on mobile. The video is posted on WorkPlace. New changes come in FSM 6 Update 5 that released Thursday.

thank you @ChristineLaVoi  - can you provide me with that link? were slowly working on finding all of our resources that IFS supplies. Unfortunately the software partner we worked with for integration left us in the dark for a lot of these

we’re using FSM 5.7 FYI - will the FSM 6 update video still apply to us?

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @DHPALK 

Thanks for the response. Looking into those app params that doesnt line up with the notifications i have on my screenshot. One of which shows when a task is 1 day overdue and the other when the commitment is overdue as well.

is there somewhere else these are stored? I ended up looking through all of mobile app param but didnt see anything else

The param NOTIFY_DAYS_IF_OTHER_TASKS_EXIST  (Displays a message when other tasks are scheduled within this window of time.) would be the one in play here. But further, if you wanna have more notifications configured  you can do so by a combination of BR and notification messages. E.g. with BR process ID 08, and having notification messages setup(in so that the displays occur in mobile screens. In latest FSM 6 you can even include client scripts also to run once you hit such notifications - which you can configure in same ‘notification message’ 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Sorry, the new notification information only applies to FSM 6 so it wouldn’t apply. I would encourage you to look at upgrading to FSM 6. There have been extensive improvements in the configurations related to mobile. I’ve recently uploaded the Enhancement Index (which provides a summary of changes by version) along with the full FSM 6 Update 5 Document Set. There is a mobile developer guide for each of the platforms in that set.These can be found on Community under :

I’d encourage you to look at the What’s New Videos that are customer facing at https://www.gotostage.com/channel/ifs-fsm6-webcasts We are working on figuring out how to get these into community.

If you are considering an upgrade, reach out to your account manager, they will be able to help you figure what it would take. If you do not know who that is, reach out to me at christine.lavoi@ifs.com and I’ll help connect you.