Everything about the IFS 10 Lobby.

• 26 August 2020
  • 81 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

You can ask anything you wonder about IFS 10 Lobby. I can answer any questions you may have about IFS 10 LOBBY. Element design, data design, where patterns, references, page creation, authorization, etc. I would be happy to help.

81 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @Joakim Fransson 

Can you narrate with a picture?

Try this;

Right click on the new navigator entry and go to properties. Change the Title to what you want and tick ‘Own Process’.

Open a new window and find your new navigator entry e.g. Document Revision Own Process

Design the page however you like. Copy the the new page URL and use in your lobby for navigation.

Userlevel 7

Hi What is IFS 10 Lobby .Can you share any document which will help me to understand IFS 10 Lobby as currently We are using IFS version 8.

I don’t have a document, but a quick summary below.
IFS Lobby is our built-in, interactive and configurable dashboards. Lobby was introduced in Apps 9 and further evolved in Apps 10 where it’s also available in IFS Aurena (the new browser based, responsive UI). 

The idea is that a lobby would give a certain role/user an at-a-glance view of what’s going on in a certain area and highlight things that need attention/action. The lobby consists of ‘lobby elements’ (the boxes) that display data from data sources (built either using SQL queries, information sources or using our easy to use query builder). Each element can allow you to drill into a more detailed lobby (lobby to lobby) or drill into the transaction level details (lobby to page).

Example of a lobby page

We deliver a number of these lobbies out of the box with Apps 10, but customers are also free to amend or build their own lobby pages. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Joakim Fransson 

Can you narrate with a picture?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks for offering to help! If you search for “lobby” or just click the lobby tag on your post, you should see a list of topics that might need help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Deepak

Hello there,The lobby was offered for sale with a few additional features, especially with the IFS10 version.1. Your own designed lobby pages2. Preset lobby pages3.Underscreen lobby pagesIf I need to show these with an example

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Own processes allows you to create multiple versions of the same form in Enterprise Explorer. This is done by

1. copy the form node the lobby element points to in the navigator

2. Open the preferences for the new node

1. Set it to run as an own process
  2. Name the process to something meaningful
  3. Tailor the form as you like
  4. By now refering to your new process in the lobby element. Your specific design will open

Processes are very useful an powerful when optimizing  the EE behavior. The process name is kept in memory and if you eg navigates to another form and there is a design with that process name it will use it. Hence you can tailor complete workflow.

Userlevel 7

Hi Anmise, 

Thanks for offering your help! I have a list type lobby element with a data source looking at the COMPANY field and giving a list of counts for several companies. I would like to use that COMPANY field (e.g. below company 5) in the navigation link without having to use the lobby page parameters. Have you done this before by any chance? In the image below, I would like to click on the line for company 5 where I have 1 record and navigate to the page ‘Instant Authorisation’ for company 5.

Much appreciated,

Alice

I don’t believe it’s possible to pass the value from the element itself to select company, unfortunately. You’ll have to use the page parameters. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@ADNAN

I have below questions regarding lobbies. 

1. If we need to use more than one view in the data source designer,  are query builder and using IAL in SQL data source the possible options we have?
  2. Where can I find information about my elements?
  3. Brief about managing and installing lobby items.
  4. The location where lobby data source configuration files should be stored for source code management?

Appreciate your inputs on this regard.

With the lobby, students have two different options in data design. 1 create the query with internal queries or create a single view of the entire query. There is a problem here. Even if the IAL is seen by the data designer, the fields will not come automatically. It will be played manually. The item will be present in the plan instance. IAL is a layer, but if there is a problem with your background work, can you finish the IAL to finish it.

I'll try to help you when you have problems.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello, @JacquesK 

This is a common problem, especially on lobby screens. Since there is data restriction in lobby items, it can perform limited data processing. What you have to do is eliminate the coming days. for example the 1st, 5th, 15th, 25th day of a month. Instead of bringing thirty days, you should summarize the information or get the average information. It was not possible to solve your transaction as requested.

IFS cannot provide a complete solution to your request.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello, @JacquesK 

This is a common problem, especially on lobby screens. Since there is data restriction in lobby items, it can perform limited data processing. What you have to do is eliminate the coming days. for example the 1st, 5th, 15th, 25th day of a month. Instead of bringing thirty days, you should summarize the information or get the average information. It was not possible to solve your transaction as requested.

IFS cannot provide a complete solution to your request.

Thank you Adnan, is this something that IFS will look at in the future?  I will summarise the results into weeks instead of days to limit the information that is returned to the Element

Userlevel 7

Hi Anmise,

I don’t see the RMB on my IEE screen? any idea?

Open the lobby page and then use ‘Add’.

Badge +1

Hi,

Is it possible to change the colour of the bars of a ‘Bar chart’? 

The text colour and background colour can be changed. But couldn’t find any option to change the colours of the bars.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7

I’m having trouble with formatting on bar and line graph lobby elements between IEE and Aurena. I am using When I look at the element in IEE it looks proper:

Looking at the same element in Aurena presents a gap between two results (note gap between Alain Prost and Applications Owner):

The element is set to Aurena as is the lobby itself. This is only observed when using the Multiple Series capability in the element.

In Aurena the charts are reserving space for all possible values for each of the data points on the Y axis. Let’s assume there are 5 stages, what it’s displaying is:

Stage 1 - Pink
Stage 2. Blue
Stage 3. Green
Stage 4. Yellow
Stage 5. Red

Jérémy Jeanjean 1,0,0,0,0
Alain Prost 3,1,1,0,0
Applications Owner 0,0,0,0,1

I’m assuming you use Multi-series for the colours? I agree that it looks way worse in Aurena and I’ve raised this before. I hope we’ll get a way to colour the bars without using multi-series.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello @ADNAN 
I’m a trainee systems engineer. there is a question. There are some lobbies which are available on the IE environment but are missing on Aurena environment. Example there is lobby called document management in EE

But i couldn’t find lobby called “document management” in Aurena.

So how can i get this lobby into Aurena?
Thanks and Regards!

Badge +1

How can I add a background image to the drop down in Element Designer for use in Aurena?

I have attempted to upload a jpg to the same directories on the server where the element_backdrop_xx files are stored. I have been able to show the image in IEE by putting the Windows path into the Custom Image URL, but this does not display the image in Aurena.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @XitSakunE ,

Within Aurena interface if you navigate to the Document Management → My Documents screen IFS will display the lobby you are asking about within Aurena.  In IEE the Document Management lobby is now connected to the My Documents screen so it automatically is displayed.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Anmise, 

Thanks for offering your help! I have a list type lobby element with a data source looking at the COMPANY field and giving a list of counts for several companies. I would like to use that COMPANY field (e.g. below company 5) in the navigation link without having to use the lobby page parameters. Have you done this before by any chance? In the image below, I would like to click on the line for company 5 where I have 1 record and navigate to the page ‘Instant Authorisation’ for company 5.

Much appreciated,

Alice

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Instead of specifying the company in the URL address use the page parameters within the navigation section e.g.

Hope this helps.

Regards

John

Hi John, 

Thanks for this. Yes I have tried like you said but it doesn’t work, it just defaults to the default company. Would I have to add something more specific to the datasource though to make this navigation setup work properly? 

Thanks

Alice

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello

Can we use the incoming value in the address path?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Instead of specifying the company in the URL address use the page parameters within the navigation section e.g.

Hope this helps.

Regards

John

Hi John, 

Thanks for this. Yes I have tried like you said but it doesn’t work, it just defaults to the default company. Would I have to add something more specific to the datasource though to make this navigation setup work properly? 

Thanks

Alice

Hi Alice,

Best solution I can suggest will be to add a parameter to the lobby called: ‘Company’ and update the Data Source with this condition:

This will filter the user’s results per company.

Then on the Element Designer refer to the parameter, then it will update the company correct on the jump:

Hope that helps?

Regards,

Jacques

Hi Jacques,

Would this still be driven by the company selected in the lobby page parameter though?

I am trying to avoid, if there is a way, to have the user remember to change the lobby page parameter before clicking on the links in the element. At the moment, if they forget to change the company in the lobby page parameter, when clicking on the link, it navigates onto the Instant Auth screen always in the default company. 

Thanks

Alice

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Does anyone know if you can have an element line graph with 2 y-axis values. 

Looking to compare say 2022 data with 2023. This would be in one Data Source with the Date held in a column.

Ignore this - I added a year-period value to my data-set. 

Seems to do everything I want!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

IFS App10

Lobby in IFS IEE 

Lobby in Aurena same as in IEE but not translated, Why?

Userlevel 7

Hi
I’ve got a question. How can I use different views in the datasource designer? I must generate a Lobby element, wich collects the data from two views. I know that I could add the second view over SUBSELECT in the condition Parameter. 
I’ve set up the code in PL/SQL and it works fine when I can enter two views in the FROM statement. If I try to generate the same data but using a SUBSELECT, I receive several different and strange results. Does anybody has a clue, how to collect data from different views in the same Lobby element?
Thanks for your support

Achilles0129

You can, if you use the query builder. Otherwise you can create an IAL with your query and use that in the lobby. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Can we find / define the Help Text from the Lobbies somehere?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@ADNAN we have a lobby element that is working in both our TEST and DEV environment but is not working in our production environment in Aurena apps 10 upd 18. The error that we’re getting running a debug window says “Error - unable to initialize lobby element” 400 bad request. Do you have any idea why an element would work in our test and dev environments but not production? They are exactly the same. I exported the lobby element and data source from test to prod and it still isn’t working. Any tips would be appreciated.

11:52:52 ERROR - Unable to initialize lobby element. Type=BarChart, Title="Order Dollar Amount per Day for This Month and Previous Month"(73baac3d-210c-43e3-ac8f-6a2d0e990747) { headers: [object Object], status: 400, statusText: Bad Request, url: https://srv-ifs10prod.contec01.contecinc.com:48080/main/ifsapplications/web/server/lobby/page/element/73baac3d-210c-43e3-ac8f-6a2d0e990747?v=0.27372252950122355, ok: false, name: HttpErrorResponse, message: Http failure response for https://[[server_name]]/main/ifsapplications/web/server/lobby/page/element/73baac3d-210c-43e3-ac8f-6a2d0e990747?v=0.27372252950122355: 400 Bad Request, error: [object Object]