Solved

Error when using SSO

• 7 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

When trying to login to the FSM Smart Client using SSO, the customer receives a message "Only the owner of a flow can change it." 

Why would this message appear when using Single Sign On? 

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 8 June 2021, 17:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Ann Degroat ,

Do you have a screenshot of the error when it is received? That may assist in determining why this is occurring. I have not heard of this error before, regarding SSO or otherwise.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I have attached the error message - It’s in French but the translation is "Only the owner of a flow can change it." 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Ann Degroat,

Is this occurring for all users and are those that cannot login to the smart client able to login to the web client instead? Also, what is the FSM version in use here?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

It is only happening for one user and the version is FSM6U6. According to the CS case, The customer is asking for an explanations of the error message (root case). FYI, On June,4th evening, the connection issue has been solved after the follow of 3 steps : 1-Windows authentification in GLB temporary disabled for Person ID 7 and replaced by the FSM authentification 2-Connection using FSM authentification was working for the user 3-Windows authentification has been updated again (as before) and the connection using SSO (Windows authentification) works now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Ann Degroat,

I wonder if this was coming more from Azure than from FSM. Are there any logs for the log in attempts through Azure that may give more information on the failed logins?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I have requested the logs from Managed Cloud Services, I was just wondering if anyone in R&D had a good lead on the error message received. 

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Ann Degroat,

It does not appear to be an error coming from FSM but rather the operating system. It’s not a known one so not really able to give any definitive answer. 

Best guess is the login information got misaligned between the system login and the software. That would then explain why decoupling and then re-doing the SSO worked as it would have realigned everything. 

Had the login for that user ever worked with SSO prior to the unlink and relink? Could have been an initial setup issue if it never had worked. Perhaps a minor typo or trailing space.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Yes, the customer can use SSO without issue for any other application. The connection issue happens only for IFS FSM. Since this is a Managed Cloud case, even though it is no longer an issue they are asking for root cause.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

workarounds for this issue to prevent unwanted task resource deletes until customer was able to update to UPD9.