Solved

Enabling Media Attachments

• 26 February 2021
  • 3 replies

1. Can someone please tell me how can I enable this media attachment option in another window?

Example: This is now available in NCR window. I want make it visible in PO window.

1. Where will these media files be saved in the application? Is it in the same DocMan repository or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance

Nimesh

icon

Best answer by Tomas Ruderfelt 26 February 2021, 13:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Attachment types are defined per LU and is defined in the window “Object Connections” and the column “Service List”:

To add Media for PurchaseOrder,:

1. Add “MediaLibrary^” to the end of Service List on the PurchaseOrder LU and save.
  2. RMB “Refresh Cache”.
  3. Restart application.

As you see in the picture “DocReferenceObject^” is the attachment type for documents so you can easily add that also to objects in the application that you want to.

Media items is an own repository, separate from document management. I don’t know if it supports more than storage in the database, it seems to have some archive functionality with Azure BLOB storage, so I leave it to others to comment on that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Where will these media files be saved in the application? Is it in the same DocMan repository or somewhere else?

They are initially stored in the database, and there is no relation to Docman. Then, optionally, you can configure archiving which will move media that has not been used in the last X days into Azure Blob Storage.

@Tomas Ruderfelt This is perfect! Thanks a lot Thomas.

@Mathias Dahl You too Thank you for the reply.