Solved

Browser for Web client

• 20 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Which web browser is recommended for FSM Web client?

icon

Best answer by ToBeNL 26 January 2021, 16:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I would think any modern web browser should be fine, however as most browsers with the exception of Firefox are Chromium based, a browser like Google Chrome, the new Microsoft Edge or Opera etc.

Webkit-based browsers like Safari seem to work okay in Aurena too (Chromium’s Blink engine was originally based on Webkit anyway).

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Harri Lähdekorpi,

Any browser other than IE should be fine to use.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

When I open Aurena in Firefox, it displays a banner across the top of the screen stating that this is an unsupported browser, and that i should use either Chrome or Safari instead.

Does this mean Chrome and Safari are the only “officially supported” browsers for Aurena (suggesting that MS Edge is not supported for example?)

Despite this message, I found I was still able to use Aurena to create some inventory parts and product structures (so maybe it works ok, despite it being “unsupported”?)

We could really do with a formal answer to this one from IFS themselves, so we can avoid any potential issues that may arise due to us using an unsupported browser.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The Chrome extensions from IFS will not work in Firefox. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Officially supported browsers for both IFS Applications 10 (Aurena) and FSM6 are Chrome, Edge and Safari. If you're an IFS employee you can find this on MyIFS, search for Product Supported Platforms.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hans: Thanks for the reply! I believe the Chrome extensions relate specifically to Enterprise Explorer, but I don’t think they are applicable to the Apps 10 Aurena client.

ToBeNL: Thanks for clarifying the supported browsers - Much appreciated!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @ToBeNL is there somewhere where this information is accessible to IFS customers and users?