Question

Attachements Information Message

• 7 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Guys,

While attaching a particular document to any window i am getting the information message “ You cannot view this file since you may not have the sufficient access rights or no file has been checked in this document yet”. Also the icon of the attached document doesnt appear in the usual manner.

I am using the IFSAPP user id so i am not sure if i need any other access as well. However, i have provided the necessary permission sets access and i have set up IFSAPP in the access setup as well.

Can anybody help me with this error? Am i missing something out? 

Screenshot attached.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Preetish

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Preetish,

Has permission given to relevant document class? If not you can follow these steps.

1.) Go to the “Document Basic” > “Access Template” tab

2.) Then query for the relevant “Document Class”

3.) Here if you want to give access only for specific users define them here with relevant access grants “View”/” Edit” or “Admin”

4.) Here you have the option to define a “Person Group” as well (“Document Basic” > “Person Groups” tab)

5.) Also, if your requirement is to give access to all persons, define the “Person ID” - *

(This will add person * to the document revision access tab and provide access to all persons.)

6.) To apply these changes to existing documents, go to the “Document Revision” > “Access” tab > “RMB” and select “Copy Access Template”

Please note that this access template will be automatically retrieved for the new document revisions.

Best regards,

Dakshinie 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Dakshinie,

Good Day!
Thanks for you prompt reply but i had already checked all the setup you have mentioned. It is already done but even now i am facing this. 

Could you suggest any other solution?

Just for your info, this was working fine and suddenly this issue started popping in and the attached documents wouldnt open at all.

Thanks,

Preetish

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Preetish,

For each document, the users that can access it and what access levels are allowed is shown in the Document Revision window under Document management. (Document Revision > Access > Result tab > Generate Result) .You can check there also.

It also can be issue with attaching the document. You can re attach the document and check.

If these things may not help, this need to be investigate further.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I assume  this information message pops up when, trying to attach an existing document. Is it same when you try to Create a New Document as well ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi

@Dakshinie , 

Tried but the same issue even now.

@Mayura Wasantha ,

Yes, this happens for new documents as well. 

Even i am trying to make it work will let you know if it does.

Regards,

Preetish

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Preetish ,

Can you check whether the Person attached to the IFSAPP is “*”, because IFS does not allow person ID as “*” ? It should be IFSAPP (as below) or any other name other than “*”

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

If it is of use - we used to get it when attaching documents if the users connection was flaky (Bad) - one of those things. Try and add again and it invariably worked.

I’m guessing a lot of testing and development is done over strong connections - not ADSL Broadband (15/0.8) shared by 5 users.