Question

About using IFS PSO in FSM

• 15 October 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Are we using IFS PSO in IFS FSM Solution for WO Scheduling.? 

6 replies

Badge +1

There’s an integration between FSM and PSO for schedule optimisation but the FSM product has its own, less sophisticated scheduling if PSO hasn’t been purchased.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

There’s an integration between FSM and PSO for schedule optimisation but the FSM product has its own, less sophisticated scheduling if PSO hasn’t been purchased.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

FSM Own Scheduling Engine is not dynamic Scheduling engine for schedule optimization. It is just Schedule board to interpret how task has been assigned across the  tech/team etc.. So best option is,  purchase  PSO  for Scheduling when you install the FSM .

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Tierajeng,

Yes, for Best utilization of the IFS FSM Product we need to use PSO, please find official link for PSO formally know as IFS Planning & Scheduling Optimization.

Also, to assist with implementing PSO 5.9 with IFS Applications 9, 10 and Field Service Management 5.7, IFS have created documents that map the Scheduling Concepts detailed in the PSO 5.9 Release Documentation. The documents also detail which Scheduling Entities are used in the integrations. This can then be used when new releases of PSO to see if they have an impact on the integration based on the schema changes within the release.

IFS Applications 10 Integration Points 
IFS Applications 9 Integration Points
F1 Documentation: Developers refer to the Developer Guide
Field Service Management 5.7 Integration Points

Hope this answers your question, if not please write back to me.

Thanks,

Shivam

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

PSO is the best scheduling and dispatcher Engine which is working based on XML input. Dispatching task to technicians manually in FSM is time consuming work and some times you will not end up having best solution(optimal solution). you have a lot of criteria to check when dispatching a task.

So you can pass tasks and technicians, SLAs and etc to PSO and let PSO to dispatch task according to all needs and then you can get the result. Finally you can use it to dispatch task from FSM. all of this process automatically handles with FSM-PSO integration. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Shivam,

I am Patan , I saw your msg regarding IFS FSM and PSO configuration. you have added IFS login links to get more information thanks you for sharing. 

But i don't have login credentials   to login even i have requested  directly IFS academy to provide login details but they are denied to provide due to legal compliance.

i want to learn IFS FSM can you pls help me.

Regards,

Patan M.