Question

validation of security certificate

• 21 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

We have created a test server and installed Oracle and IFS.  

When opening the link to go into IFS we are receiving a Security Error:

Your connection is not secure.

The certificate ‘xxx.xxx.foil.local’ could not be validated.  To protect your information from being stolen IFS Enterprise Explorer has not connected to the server.

Can you please advise.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi John,

1. What is the IFS application version and the update version you are on?
  2. Have you verified the certificate that is being used to sign the application is a valid one?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

The server name used in the certificate when signing the application needs to have the same structure as what a user tries to access.  For example if you use a fully qualified domain name when signing the certificate (e.g. xxx.xxx.foil.local) then the URL being accessed must match (xxx.xxx.foil.local).  Signing with a simple name e.g. xxx, a user must access it only using the same xxx only.

Is it possible in this case that you signed with a simple name instead of the fully qualified name?

I found in Apps10 that when signing a cert during deployment it sometimes switches the URL in the deployment screen (I forget which screen, but it shows the URL after entering the certificate information… you may need to go back a screen in some cases to see it depending on how you assign/create your cert).

The other thing is that depending on your type of certificate, you may simply need to install it on the client PC.  I would suggest deploying it into the Current User / Trusted Root Certificates Store on a PC for testing purposes.

Nick

Badge +14

Hi @RutJWhalen, Could you please let me know how you were able to overcome this issue, please?

I’m also having the same issue when I try to login into the application.

But the application URL shows the correct certificate.

The certificate connected with the popup message contains the old certificate.

Thank you!