Solved

Schedule Report to be sent by email daily

• 24 December 2019
  • 9 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

I have a report that I would like to run daily and send it to a distribution list.

How should I do that?

icon

Best answer by Dhanushki Pahathkumbure 25 December 2019, 08:26

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

What type of report are you trying run? If you are trying to schedule a quick report(of type SQL Statement) to be sent to a mail list,

you can do that by creating a new application server task with the Job Type Quick report and then creating a schedule for this. 

I’ve attached the foundation documentation for your reference. 

Badge +2

Hi @KasunBalasooriya 

Actually I created a .rdlc file using Visual Studio.

Then I configured it in IFS using “Reports Admin”

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @KasunBalasooriya 

Actually I created a .rdlc file using Visual Studio.

Then I configured it in IFS using “Reports Admin”

Seems this is in FSM you have tried? If so, probably you can create a schedule job to run your report daily. Then you can send this report notification using events. This you may do through a combination of configuring event notification business rule for run log, notification messages and distribution lists. Below is a quick summary on how you can setup,

1. Create the notification message (screen: 'Notification Message'). In which you need to specify the corresponding report name (can be multiple) with report parameters. Let’s say this message name = TEST.

2. Create distribution list (screen: distribution list) adding the members. E.g. distribution list = DEMO

3. Create business rule (BR) event notification. You need to choose the METRIX_RUN_LOG_NOTIFY, BR 42. (to specify the notification message TEST that contains the corresponding report, and distribution list DEMO to whom you want to send the report to, upon the  event generation.). Use FSM_run_log_type and run_status as input parameters to create the notification. Please see ‘background processing’ – page 99 topic in the reference guide for further inputs on this.

Aforementioned is to attach the report upon a run log event completion to send it to a distribution list.You can also have the report to be generated as an attachment on notification generated from a notification rule exist for request, task, project, product, escalation, non-part usage, contract line as well. if so, you will need to configure the event generation business rule as well for the particular table to specify the triggering event to be used for the corresponding event notification rule.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @KasunBalasooriya ,

Thanks for the answer. But I’m not change job type in report formatters view and new button is disabled.

Kind regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I found in ifsdoc.

Thanks,

Kind regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @KasunBalasooriya ,

I get error “no task exist to execute current job” in transaction Scheduled Database Task.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @baris.halici ,

You should use system defined  “Run application Server Task” as the Database Task. 

Like This:

And you should pass the application_message_id parameter of your report formatter. 

Regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

thanks @servetsc I didn’t know component name. After, i found FNDBAS - IFS Base Functionality.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Great Information. I have few questions if @servetsc , @servetsc  @Dhanushki Pahathkumbure , @Kasun Balasooriya any of you can reply.

I am in IFS10UPD9

1- trying to schedule a Quick Report and it is failing with following message.
user who is the receiver of this email has FNDCONNECT, Document_Attachment permission sets granted to them.
i use extension .xlsx in file name which is defined in document management.

To attach Excel File do we need to create some settings in IFSCONNECT?

2-  while testing i noticed, If i change the time to run background job in ‘Task Schedule’ screen, the whole process doesn’t run again. do i need  to recreate from ‘Application Server Task’ again just to change the time of execution ?

3- Can we create multiple ‘Application Server Task’ on one report to send to different user groups? I see the report i once scheduled i can’t find it in dropdown menu of ‘Application Server Task’ screen.