Solved

Resource Criteria Tab in IFS Project

• 9 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Has anyone used the Resource Criteria tab on the Project form?  I am looking at it and it looks like we can set priority for certain values over and above just Resource ID.  But what is not clear is what this actually does for us in the application.  The help states that “Once the resource criteria has been decided and entered for the project the resource planning can be performed much easily.”  I do not know what that means.  Is there some sort of external project planning engine that I am not aware of that is going to use this data to plan resources and pass allocations back into the project?

Does anyone have a good use case for this tab/functionality? 

icon

Best answer by MR10 10 December 2019, 08:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I have not used it, but the reaction of the resource tab on the activity it shows the columns you have added as resource criteria. The way I see the use of it, is that you can make a more detailed resource plan f.e. with ResourceID and Report Code to determine which type of cost you’ll be getting. Usually when a customer starts I propose just to use the resource group and after that, if the need is there, add more criteria.

Badge +2

Thank you, MR10!  Exactly what I was looking for.  

Cheers!