Solved

PSO: Automatic Planning Roadmap

• 20 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I was wondering if anyone in this community is informed about the IFS vision for the roadmap regarding the old Silverlight interface of PSO? My best guess is that it will completly disappear, because Microsoft no longer supports Silverlight.

If thats the case, then I wonder what will happen with the Automatic Planning feature which the Silverlight client has but the new UI does not have. At least not yet. Is it also coming to the new UI of PSO?

The features ‘Rules’ and ‘Rule Collections’ are allready available in the new UI, which were constraints for the Automatic Planning feature. However in the last Relase Enhancements document, it is said that for example the 'Requirements’ feature will not be implemented in the new UI, which could also be defined as contraints for the Automatic Planning feature. So this suggest that Automatic Planning might not come back to the new UI. Is that the case? 

The Automatic Planning feature looks quit valuable for the overal solution. Also I actually do not understand at this point why you would delete the Requirements feature, because this also looks quit valuable to have when creating new shifts in the rota. 

icon

Best answer by tomgreenwood 30 January 2020, 16:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Jos, for now the Silverlight client will be delivered alongside the newer HTML5 client called the PSO Workbench but further development will not be made on it as this will be focused on the new client. From PSO 6 update 4 which is due for release at the end of this month, most if not all functionality that existed in the old UI should have been moved to the new UI.  Hope that helps :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks Tom, it does help. I still wonder if the Requirements functionality will come back, but will see if its in update 4 then :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Details of deprecated features are listed in the PSO Enhancements Guide  page 42 in PSO 6.4.

Deprecated Workbench Functionality
The following features will not be included in the new PSO 6 HTML5 Workbench version. The features will
remain in the existing Silverlight version of the workbench but are no longer actively supported. Customers
using these features should prepare for their withdrawal.
Scheduling Workspace Screens
The following screens on the scheduling workspace have been deprecated and will not be included in the
new workbench version:
· System Status Screen
· Validator Screen
· SLA Compare Screen
· Activity SLA Editor
· Linked Activity Viewer
ARP Advanced Functionality
ARP 'requirements', 'projects' and 'reports' functionality has been deprecated and will not be included in
the new workbench version.
Administration Screens
The following screens on the scheduling workspace have been deprecated and will not be included in the
new workbench version:
· Validation Parameters Screen
· Issue Thresholds Screen
WISE functionality
There is no territory balancing option included in the new workbench version. There is also no option to
generate demand data via user interaction on the map.