Question

Mobile Syncing for ever

• 1 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
After a fresh FSM Installation or upgrade, mobile is not syncing, remains "Syncing" for ever.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Check the DownloadUrl of the mobile Service Web config file is correct and downloadable it by outside of the network.
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
There could be many reasons for the symptom you've reported. Please refer to the TROUBLESHOOTING MOBILE ACTIVATION ISSUES section of the FSM Mobile Guide. It lists all the commonly known issues for dealing with activation/initialization issues.

The answer will almost always be found in the 3 server logs or mobile client logs. You may need to turn logging levels up to find the error.

One recent issue is related to a new Generate Role Tables button on the Role screen. Be sure the role for your user doesn't have mobile tables disabled (Tables tab of the Role screen).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Check the DownloadUrl of the mobile Service Web config file is correct and downloadable it by outside of the network.

Hi Guys,

Nice to see you around 😎

I had the same issue and solved after several troubleshooting attempts. Adding below is what happened in my scenario so it might help someone.

what caused the issue was, in the installer I changed the protocol to HTTP but the FSM Mobile Service URL was unchanged and left with https as it set default by the installer.

Mobile app identifies the service URL (http), authenticates  and start initializing but it never ends!

It was identified by the URL of the last sync message that it was looking for the wrong protocol. 

To solve the issue I updated the URL from the Installer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

There can be more issues related to the syncing issue for the first time. 

1. Activation(check the Mobile Service URL is working or not)
  2. perform_login(verify the given credentials)
  3. initialization_started
  4. initialization_ended: (https:\/\/[server]\/[Mobile_Service]\/download\/XXXX__01.zip)
  5. download mobile database & attachments into the device

This is the process for mobile INIT.

In the fresh installation, usually, the problem is in step 5. Mobile fails to stream. This is happening because of download URL in the mobile web.config

Service URL should be above URL except download. Otherwise, the syncing process will be unterminated. It can be recognized, the mobile screen background will shows that Finished sync and nothing will be chaged in background. It seems, @dsj has this issue.(check his screenshot, Finished sync at 8:27 and already passed 6 minutes without any response)

If it is a upgrade, then problem can be the MOBILE_DATABASE_DIRECTORY(this is null for azure environments) or ATTACHMENT_DIRECTORY.

If it is a upgrade like 5.6.3 to 6 versions, then problem can be authentication problem for current user. Normally, mobile and the server send request and response by authenticate via METRIX user(message user) except PerformGetMessageForDeviceBySize. In here, person_id & encrypted password is included to the aunthenticatin part. Encrypted password can be different between 5.6.3 & 6.x because of changing app param ‘PASSWORD_STRETCH’. And also, only the english letters can be in the PERSON_ID.(ex- can’t use spanish characters).

Here I have described bit of issues related to the initializing problem.

Note - Look at Mobile Error Log in back office app(smart client) to get hint. :)

Badge +2

Hi,

I am also facing the above mentioned issued and performed the suggested action but issue still stand as same. Can anyone please suggest anymore changes needed. For my FSM mobile SYNC still gets started but never gets completed. Also how we can enable the logging in FSM as in current log it is showing “Mobile Service - Centralized logging is not enabled”. Anyone please suggest.

Regards

Rajesh

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

I am also facing the above mentioned issued and performed the suggested action but issue still stand as same. Can anyone please suggest anymore changes needed. For my FSM mobile SYNC still gets started but never gets completed. Also how we can enable the logging in FSM as in current log it is showing “Mobile Service - Centralized logging is not enabled”. Anyone please suggest.

Regards

Rajesh

Did you manage to resolve this ?

Badge +3

Iam facing this issue, I follow these steps and find out the error.

I change a web config file and reinstall the FSM mobile app, now it creates a database and sync.