Question

How to get a script to return a specific row in a list view tab

• 9 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

Are we able to get a value from a list view tab via a client script? The script only returns the value of the first row on the list when I use the getControlValue command. I’ve tried other getControl value commands, but they all seem to only be used by mobile. What command could I use in a script that would allow me to get the values of the row that I’m working on?

Thanks

Patrick

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Maybe you could specify what you mean with ‘Client Script’. Do you want the content of a row to be used in a user define menu option?

Maybe it helps us to explain a bit more about which part of IFS you want to use this and what input and output should be.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

“client scripts” have their own screen in FSM. We use them in the UI designer to manipulate data for the fields on the screen. So we want to manipulate the data on a “list view tab”. An example of a “list view” tab is the person tab on the place screen.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello

Did you get any further with this? I have the same question…

Regards

Bertel

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

IFS support has confirmed that this is not possible in the current version of IFS FSM.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Are you trying to do this client scripting in the Web Client, or the Smart Client?  I am certain this is not possible with client scripting in the Smart Client, but I believe it is possible with the Web Client.  The client scripting functions for the Web Client are much broader for the Web Client and the Mobile Client applications than they are for the Smart Client.