Solved

FSM 5.7.6 Client Using Client Script with List view.

• 26 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi I am looking to have a button on a listview tab that will update one of the fields on a selected line of a List view. is it possible to control a Listview items using a Button and a client script? and if not a client script any other way? if so can you explain how i might go about do so?

Thanks,

Graeme

icon

Best answer by graeme86 30 March 2020, 14:39

View original

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi graeme86,

There is a possibility using the client script but I am not sure that it is really a good practice to do so.

For example, you could use a check box as the Select column in the following print screen (UI designer) :

1. The user check the Select checkbox

2. The user click on the save button on top of the screen
  3. The last step will be to click on the button on top of the list view (custom button where you attached your custom script). In that case Change button

4. Inside your script you use getDBValues if you have multi rows with an SQL query which get all the records with user_def? set to Y (Select column checked).

In my opinion this is not really a good practice specially with 5.7.6 because when you will update to 6 version you will have to maintain your script. (You will have to use client script + client script SQL).

If you have more information maybe I can help you for another possibility.

Regards,

Clement Guirard

Eqeep B.V

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thanks Clement,

I managed to figure it out i used a perform message on the button and then used a custom_xml to update the line

<perform_batch>
<update_imax_rid_settlement>
<imax_rid_settlement>
<update is_initialized="false" />
<action>CLOSED</action>
<seq_id>@seq_id</seq_id>
</imax_rid_settlement>
</update_imax_rid_settlement>
</perform_batch>