Question

Delay notification email until attachment ready

• 20 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Is there a place to set in FSM that an email notification should not send until all reports set to attach are generated. 

By default, if the report is slow to generate, the email will send without the attachment.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Lee Pinchbeck  I dont have the answer for you but i am coming to another question as you sound like you have email attachments down

i am using notification messages to email a report to a customer. The email comes fine but no report gets attached. I get the error in the body of the email stating the below

the report im running is a custom built report to output surveys. It has a Task ID & Request ID parameter.

i entered it like this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi, 

It looks like the notification system either cannot locate the report viewer or does not have permission to run it.

Does the report viewer run correctly if you run the report manually outside of the notification? If it does then you will need to check that the report viewer is at the URL that is mentioned in the email and that it allows the FSM system to run it rather than just by a user.

If not you will need to review the setup of the report viewer itself.

Kind regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, 

It looks like the notification system either cannot locate the report viewer or does not have permission to run it.

Does the report viewer run correctly if you run the report manually outside of the notification? If it does then you will need to check that the report viewer is at the URL that is mentioned in the email and that it allows the FSM system to run it rather than just by a user.

If not you will need to review the setup of the report viewer itself.

Kind regards,

@Lee Pinchbeck the report runs fine on its own. 
i don’t believe the path is correct  where in FSM do I set the URL path?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@jbernardo I would think it would be more likely to be a permission issue or something network related which is getting beyond my scope. I would have thought the notification system would use the same path as that used when you request it from in app manually so less likely to be the path if calling it manually works.

You may need to log a case for assistance from the consulting team to check the setup is correct or your IT if your infrastructure is handled outside of IFS.