Question

Separate Delivery notes for Shipment or Switching Shipment

• 23 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Dear All,

We are starting to use IFS Shipment

Sometimes, we are creating a shipment when our planner want to ship goods to a customer. From time to time, we send shipments with more than one truck and then we don’t know what product will go on which truck beforehand. This is creating a problembecause we need separate delivery notes for every truck

Is there a way to fix this within a shipment ?

Despite the ordinary “create additional shipment” i see 2 and a half options that may work

1. Issuing more thann one delviery note per shipment. If this would be possible, (honestly i don’t think it is) then it will mostly fix the problem.
  2. Ability to quickly switch the lines between shipment.
    This is also a submethod of creating new shipment, but still when we can go to a shipment lines RMB line and then click “switch to another shipment” this would be much more easier to do than deleting the liens from one shipment and adding it to another.
    Keep also in mind that shipments are often finalisez after hous of work of plannist who created them. 
    So creating new shipment from the scratch by someone else may put whole this thing with shipments in jeopardy
  3. Not really an option but suggestion. Do you we can somehow manage this with collective shipments ? Like creating one CShipment for all the lines then districbute te line by line for different shipment (different shipments ==> different truck)

Do you think one of this solution may work ?

Or do you think is there something else for us to use ?

Thank you,

Adrian

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Nothing in here so i guess i need to go with Consolidated Shipment :)