Question

Saved Searches

• 18 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Apps10 - When does a search I saved go to “Saved Searches” under the My Administration section of IFS and when does it stay only on the page I created it on?

I have many saved searches, 20 plus, and I only see 7 under my saved searches.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

That is strange, it should be the other way around.  All searches should be visible under Saved Searches, while it is possible some won’t be seen in the Navigator.  This sounds like a setup or profile issue, but I’ve not run across it so not sure.  Do you get a context menu when you RMB on one of the searches from Saved Searches?

Can you correlate the searches you can’t see to a particular module (entity) or are they scattered and random?  I don’t think there is a separate permission or view setting that restricts some from appearing.  You may have to show some examples for someone here to recognize a pattern and point you in the right direction.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

When saving a Search there is a checkbox option to make it global (available everywhere).  Is that what you’re looking for?

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

When saving a Search there is a checkbox option to make it global (available everywhere).  Is that what you’re looking for?

Nick

That should only allow it across multiple views that are related, it should affect whether it appears under My Administration/Saved Searches, you should be able to manage all of them from there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Nick

That should only allow it across multiple views that are related, it should affect whether it appears under My Administration/Saved Searches, you should be able to manage all of them from there.

Understood. I was just wondering if that might provide a workable approach for the OP to make it visible under their My Administration screen. 

I agree with your analysis too; we initially posted at the exact same time :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Nick and Shawn thank you for the quick responses.

Nick, no the global is not what I need.  When I save the search on our Business Opportunities screen, the searches do not end up on the saved searches screen.

Shawn, it does look like I have context menu for RMB of the Business Opportunites screen and there are some saved searches there, I just can’t add anymore.

I have poked around some more since I asked my question and found that it is only the Business Opportunites screen that has the issue(that I know of)  The Business Oppotunity screen functions fine with the saved searches. The one thing I have noticed is the “_cust” on Object Relations area of the window in question for the Parent:  Any idea if that means it is a custom screen?  Maybe that will help fingure out what is going on?  One last piece of info, we upgraded from Apps 9 to Apps 10 in October 2020.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The one thing I have noticed is the “_cust” on Object Relations area of the window in question for the Parent:  Any idea if that means it is a custom screen?  Maybe that will help fingure out what is going on?  One last piece of info, we upgraded from Apps 9 to Apps 10 in October 2020.

Yes, that means that is a custom screen of some sort which may be your issue.  There are three layers to IFS tables and views.  The CORE layer which is all objects that you typically see.  The Global Extension layer (GET), these objects with suffixed with EXT.  This is an R&D supported layer, but is purchased in addition to the CORE layer.  You would need this for deployments in non-US countries typically.  Finally, there is the Customer layer (CUST) which is where all customizations and modifications live.  Out of curiosity, I created a search on one of our custom views, and saved it, it does appear in the Saved Searches.  If the only object that isn’t working is the opportunities with Cust suffix, I would suggest a question to IFS to confirm the behavior - it doesn’t seem correct to me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

It is possible that is a custom form created some manual way or e.g. an extension, but a simple IFS custom form object typically has a prefix of “cpg”.

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, if you do check the globally available checkbox does it make it visible for you where you want it?  I know this is not the final fix but worth a test to maybe provide an interim solution

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Nick - Yes I have tried the global check box and it did not help.

Shawn - thanks for the information.  I will pursue with IFS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I checked and our only object with _CUST is on a sub tab of a form page, and not an overview page - so I can’t build a search against the object exactly the same as your setup.  Just against our own custom views which are not quite the same.  Hope they can provide a useful answer.

Badge +4

Nick - Yes I have tried the global check box and it did not help.

Shawn - thanks for the information.  I will pursue with IFS.

I just currently found the same issue on an customer environment. Is there any progress with IFS so far? It would be nice to link to the same support case once we report it. Thanks in adance for any feedback!