Question

How to set up parts to use the handling unit

• 18 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi IFS community, 

Can you explain me how to set up parts for being able to ship the entire quantity of a case when customer order the full case and not split into each quantity from multiple cases? 

I tried : 

• To set up the sales part unit with a conversion factor
  • To use the handling unit
  • To use the location group “Pallet” 

But none of my tests works well, system always split into different cases. 

Thank you for your help 

Best Regards

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Olivia,

I am sorry to say that in APPS9 the handling unit solution is not integrated throughout the supply chain. You have handling units in shipment, pallet handling in inventory, package structure in incoming dispatch advice. These are not connected in the APPS9 core solution. I know there has been customizations to connect them.

The handling unit concept was added as a first step in the shipment in APPS9. Then in APPS10 significant steps were taken where the handling unit concept was expanded and integrated through all processes. So for instance in APPS10 you can receive handling units based on dispatch advice message, the received handling unit is then in inventory, can be moved in inventory, then reserve in inventory, then picked and connected to the shipment, delivered to customer, info can be sent to customer with dispatch advice etc…...

Best Regards 

Fredrik

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Fredrik Johansson LKP , thank you for your answer !  

Do you have more information about customization in APPS9? 

These are not connected in the APPS9 core solution. I know there has been customizations to connect them

Best regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, @Olivia Gaches 

I don’t have any more specific information about customizations. I have more heard of customers that have connected the dots between the different solutions in APPS9, some have used W/D/R no as well to represent handling units as far as I have heard.

Best Regards

Fredrik