Question

Document text on copied Sales Quotation is hidden and still in use

• 19 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I hope someone may be able to help me. 

This issue listed below has been reported to me and I can’t work it out.

1. Original sales quotation has been raised - including Document text for printing

1. The same quote is being copied - new product added - (no document text is showing)
  1. When you Print the first original quotation it prints a document text added as it should.  However the issue is when you try to print the quotation which has been copied and clearly is not showing any document text as second screenshot, it still prints with the same document text as the original sales quotation even nothing is there. 

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thank you so much for your help.

Kate 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What IFS version and update?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, IFS version 9. Thank you 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @BLLKaterinaO , 

In IFS App9 and App10 latest tracks I couldn’t find such issue when printing sales quotations. 

1. As per the screen prints, you have added the document text from sales quotation header. Could you kindly check whether are there any document texts entered in line level of the copied sales quotation? 

If no such document texts entered in second SQ line level, this might be an issue in App9 previous UPDs. 

1. What is the App9 UPD you are working ? 

Many Thanks,

Lahiru 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Lahiru, 

Sorry I forgotten to say. Yes there is no document text in any of the lines, it was only it the header of the first invoice. 

When I copy that invoice, the document text is not showing anywhere in the header or the lines and is still printing it. 

We are using UPD16. 

Thank you for your help.

Much appreciated as is bugging me. 

Kate

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @BLLKaterinaO , 

Thanks for the reply and I believe the issue is there when printing the sales quotation not the invoice as per your last reply. 

Anyway, I couldn’t find any existing patches  for this exact scenario. Therefore I believe this need to be further investigated in your environment itself as it seems not to be a standard environment issue.

So in my opinion, the best option would be creating a support case with IFS GSD for this for detail investigations. 

Many Thanks,

Lahiru 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Lahiru,

Ohhh yes, sorry meant to say Sales Quotation, not an invoice. 

Thank you anyway for looking into it. I will raise it with IFS, will try to investigate again today to see if anything changed too. 

Have a good day.

Thanks 

Kate 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@BLLKaterinaO,

You’re welcome Kate. :slight_smile: