Question

Dell Boomi for Web integration with Apps 9

• 28 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi All,

Has anyone integrated IFS Apps 9 into a website for the purposes of E-Commerce?

We are looking to integrate for the purpose of taking orders via a webpage, online checkout (Shopify?) for B2B and B2C customers which requires integration with IFS to create records in IFS and read data from IFS.
Has anyone implemented anything similar for Apps 9? Did you use Boomi? .Net? IFSConnect?
Any info would be great as struggling to establish the correct way forward…

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @GBDHEATHKP 

IFS builds and submits Connectors and documentation to Boomi for IFS Application 10 on words. I doubt whether this is possible for App9. You can get the integration done using IFS Connect. You can find Web Services in interface browser as per your requirement (as per what information you need to retrieve from IFS and saved to IFS). You can drag and drop  files and initiate the process as well

Furthermore you can refer the IFS technical documentation as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Kate,

We are in the process of integrating our IFS Apps9 instance with Salesforce using Dell Boomi. Dell Boomi offers a pre release connector for IFS Apps9 that uses BizApis. I would be happy to share our experience with the same and why we decided to go with a database connector using Dell Boomi for our integration project.

Thanks,

Nitin

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @GBDHEATHKP 

IFS builds and submits Connectors and documentation to Boomi for IFS Application 10 on words. I doubt whether this is possible for App9. You can get the integration done using IFS Connect. You can find Web Services in interface browser as per your requirement (as per what information you need to retrieve from IFS and saved to IFS). You can drag and drop  files and initiate the process as well

Furthermore you can refer the IFS technical documentation as well.

Hi @GBDHEATHKP 

Small correction to the above reply

Connector designed to work with the OData REST APIs in IFS Applications 10 on words and Connector designed to work with IFS Connect in IFS Applications 9 and 10 both. 

Therefore this should be possible for App9 as stated by  @Nkadam 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi All,

Has anyone integrated IFS Apps 9 into a website for the purposes of E-Commerce?

We are looking to integrate for the purpose of taking orders via a webpage, online checkout (Shopify?) for B2B and B2C customers which requires integration with IFS to create records in IFS and read data from IFS.
Has anyone implemented anything similar for Apps 9? Did you use Boomi? .Net? IFSConnect?
Any info would be great as struggling to establish the correct way forward…

Thanks

Hi

I was just wondering if you managed to figure this out? We have a similar requirement in Apps 10. 

Regards

Gary 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@nkadam   Allan here.   if you would share your experiences with IFS Apps 9 and Ecommerce and Dell Boomi   I would greatly appreciate it.   We also are heading down this path with a possible ecommerce solution in Shopifyand would like to do something that then can easily be on a path to upgrade to apps 10 or IFS Cloud.  

Thanks in advance. 

Allan 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @crpgaryw and @GBDHEATHKP .  As mentioned here, we have 2 connectors for IFS Apps.  Publicly available in the Boomi platform today, we have a connector for IFS Apps 10 Update 8 or later using the REST APIs.  We’re currently updating this connector to support IFS Cloud as well.

In addition, we have privately available connector for IFS Connect.  This can connect to both BIZAPI and non-BIZAPI in IFS Connect and supports any IFS versions using IFS Connect, including Apps 9.  However, this of course requires the necessary BIZAPIs are available for Boomi to connect to - either as standard or custom APIs.

If anyone has any questions on the IFS Connect connector, please DM me, or drop me a mail at peter.sketch@dell.com