Solved

Customer Order - Reset status from Released to Planned

• 27 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Good evening,

does any one know if and/or how I can reset the status of a customer order back from Released to Planned?

I haven’t found a way how to do so.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Bart

icon

Best answer by jabous 27 May 2020, 21:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

INSTRUCTIONS: How to unreserve, undeliver and/or cancel a Customer Order and return parts into stock:

*Scenario 1- Planned or Released State

An order is in either the planned or released state.  At this point, you can either RMB or use the Operations menu to cancel the order.

*Scenario 2-Reserved State

An order for a part has been entered, released and reserved.  A second order is received for a higher priority customer or earlier delivery date and there is not enough of part A left to fill the second order.  You want to “unreserve” the first order so that the inventory can be used on the second order.  Or the customer calls and requests cancellation of the order.

Solution

1.) Go to Manual Reservations for Customer Order Lines - Customer Orders/ Reserve Customer Orders/ Manual Reservations for Customer Order Lines.

2.) Query for your Customer Order, go down to the ‘Quantity Reserved’ field.  This will show the amount currently reserved.  Change this to the quantity you wish to reserve and deliver.  For example, if you had 12 parts reserved and you wish to return 10 to stock, you must change the quantity reserved to 2.  If you want to unreserve the whole order, then the quantity reserved must be changed to 0.

3.) Save changes.

4.) The remaining material will be returned to stock and the status of the Customer Order will change to ‘Released’

5.) This can be verified by querying for your Customer Order, highlighting the line item and selecting the Right Mouse Button option - Order Line History.

6.) Once the order is in the Released state, simply RMB and cancel.

*Scenario 3- Pick List Printed
An order for a part has been entered, released, reserved and the pick list has been printed.  You want to “unreserve” the order line, but cannot.

1. Navigate to Report Picking of picking lines -  Sales/Shipping/Picking/Report Picking of picking lines.
  2. Query for your Pick List number (found of the Customer Order/History Tab or the Customer Order Line/Order Line History).
  3. On the line enter a ‘0’ zero in the ‘Quantity to Pick’ field. 
  4. RMB on the header and choose ‘Report picking of customer order’ or RMB on the line to ‘Report picking from selected locations’.
  5. The parts will be returned to stock and the Customer Order Line Status will change to ‘Released’.

*Scenario 4 - Pick Reported
An order for a part has been entered, released, reserved and pick reported.  You want to ‘unpick’ and ‘unreserve’ the order so that the inventory can be used on another order.
Solution
1.) Go to Deliver Customer Order Line with Differences - Sales/ Shipping/ Order Delivery/Deliver Customer Order Line with Differences.
2.) Query for your Customer Order, go down to the ‘Quantity to Deliver’ field.  This will show the amount currently to be delivered.  Change this to the quantity you wish to deliver.  For example, if you had 20 parts to deliver and you wish to return 15 to stock, you must change the quantity to deliver to 5.  If you want to unreserve the whole order, then the quantity to deliver must be changed to 0.
3.) Go to the operations menu and select the option - ‘Deliver with Differences’.
4.) The remaining material will be returned to stock and the Customer Order Status will change to ‘Partially Delivered’.  Or, if you change the quantity to 0, the status will go to Released.
5.) This can be verified by querying for your Customer Order, highlighting the line item and selecting the Right Mouse Button option - Order Line History.
6.) Once in Released state, simply RMB to cancel order.

*Scenario 5-Delivered State
An order for a part has been entered, released, reserved, picked and delivered.  The customer has not yet been invoiced for the part.  The part needs to be returned to stock.

1.) Undo Customer Order Delivery – Sales/Shipping/Undo Order Delivery

2.) Query for your Customer Order – If you want to undo all lines, right-click and click on header and select Undo Delivery.

3.) If you only want to undo a specific delivery, you can right-click on the specific line and undo the delivery..

*Scenario 6-Delivered State and undo order delivery is not available

1.) Invoice the customer order.  Customer Order/Invoicing of Customer Orders/Create Customer Invoice. 
2.) Print the customer invoice.  Refresh your customer order.  Status should now be Invoiced/Closed.
3.) Create an RMA to return the material.  Customer Order/Return Material Authorization/Return Material Authorization.
4.) Be sure when you enter the line information, that you enter the Customer Order number in the appropriate field.  This is what ties the RMA to the customer order.
5.) Change the RMA status to “Released”.  RMB in RMA header to release.
6.) Now, receive the material back into stock.  Customer Orders/Return Material Authorization/Receive Authorized Returns. 
7.) Enter RMA number.  RMB to  Receive, Scrap and Return into Inventory.  Process receipt.
8.) Refresh RMA.  Status  goes to “Return Completed”.
9.) RMB to Approve for Credit.
10.) RMB to Create Credit Invoice.
11.) Print Credit Invoice to process. 
12.) The Customer Order status will not change from Invoiced/Closed.  If parts need to be replaced, another customer order needs to be created and processed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Once you release the customer order, you cannot set it back to Planned.  Your only option is to cancel the order and start over.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You can use Template to copy the order that’s been cancelled...

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I have raised separate ticket for an issue before I found this one.

My issue is around Scenario 6 where the line has been Invoiced/Closed. The odd thing here is that only 3 out of the 4 delivered got invoiced. 1 unit is still waiting for a Delivery Confirmation however can’t be confirmed due to the line status being Invoiced/Closed (right-click Delivery Confirmation makes it disappear but an F2 makes it reappear again so this is not being processed.

I have a feeling that if I carry out the RMA solution stated in scenario 6 is that it will RMA the 3 that have been delivery confirmed but leave out the 4th which is delivered but not confirmed. 

The IFS guide seems to think that I can delete a customer invoice to then be able to Undo Delivery but having trouble finding how to do this.

Undo Customer Order Delivery

Explanation

This is activity is used to undo a customer order delivery. There may be times when you want to undo a delivery made from a customer order, shipment or consolidated shipment. This is not possible when an invoice is created.

Prerequisites

• There should be at least one customer order line with some quantity delivered.

• If an invoice has already been created, you will first have to cancel the invoice.

I will hopefully be cloning our Live to Test later today so that I can press some buttons without any real-world repercussions but until then...

Any ideas?

Badge +2

Hi,

if you has created invoiced without printing that one, you should first cancel a customer order debit invoice that is in Preliminary state with RMB and click Cancel Preliminary Invoice. Once the customer order is in Canceled state, you can process for undo del.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

A severity 2 patch 157008 has been created to address the issue mentioned by @ntaylor  :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I can confirm that the issue was resolved by the fix supplied by Susith

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Good evening,

does any one know if and/or how I can reset the status of a customer order back from Released to Planned?

I haven’t found a way how to do so.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Bart

Best Answer @jabous