Solved

Customer Order invoice - cancel CO delivery

• 8 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi all,

In the customer order process, after customer order line partially delivery for a line with non-inventory sales part, I’m creating a customer invoice and this invoice is then posted/authorized.

If my customer rejects my delivery (for example because he disacreases the quantity), I’m able to create a customer credit invoice.

However, I’m not able to cancel the delivery : IFS raises an error message due to the connection of the delivery to an existing invoice. As a consequence, I cannot create a new delivery with the corrected quantity and then create a new invoice with this delivered quantity.

Is there a setup in the application to allow a delivery cancellation if the invoice has been credited? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Requirement - Example:

On a customer order, I have a line with a number of engineer hours : 100h.

I deliver and invoice 30h.

The customer rejects the invoice, he agrees only on 25h.

I need to create the credit invoice and cancel the delivery for the 30h.

Then I have to deliver 25 instead and invoice this 25.

Then, maybe one month later, I will deliver 5 and invoice this 5.

Regards,

Gladys.

icon

Best answer by Susith Setunga 8 July 2021, 15:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CapGladyB,

Why not you do a RMA for the delivery of 30 h as return credit?

You also can perform Undo Customer order delivery if the lines are not Invoiced

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Susith Setunga

Thank you for your reply.

I have tested the RMA process and it allows me to return the hours and create a credit invoice only.

However it does not allow me to deliver again the returned quantity for re-invoicing.

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@CapGladyB you won’t be able to use the same Customer Order. Even if the CO was not invoiced, you won’t be able to use Deliver COs with Difference window because you are using a Shipment to delivery Non-Inv parts. 

So I think you will have to create a new CO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CapGladyB,

In that case the only option available is to add another line and deliver it again. You are not allowed to re-deliver already returned qty because it is meant to be return-credit.

Regards

Susith