Solved

Customer address type - default address flags

• 13 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

What are each of the Address Types used for on the Customer Customer Master, General Address Information screen?  The drop down in Aurena shows Delivery, Document, Visit, Pay, Primary Contact and Secondary Contact.

When I looked at the Object Properties for the VALID_ADDR records, it does not show Document in the values list.

We are having trouble with the wrong address showing up on the customer invoice.  We have the Pay set up on the billing address and thought that would get us the information.  Now however it appears that the Document type is what is being used for the invoice.  

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 13 July 2021, 23:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Delivery is used for order delivery address configuration and should be always thought of as the place you would have a carrier deliver a product.

Visit is used for work orders and service related functions as well as some sales activities.  It should be thought of as the place you would go to if you wanted to physically walk in the door and view something or visit someone.

Document is used for invoicing, financial reporting and communication, order billing reference and generally anything tax related.  In some instances, this address type is defaulted for reporting and can’t be changed on the fly.

In my opinion, these three must be defined for every customer and will be used prolifically.

Pay is used in some narrow instances only for actual payment, but in most cases you can get by with Document address type filling this function.

Primary and Secondary Contact are CRM related and aren’t really necessary for the operation of the of the Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, and Finance modules.  I see them as very optional.