Question

Currency rates for Sales Price Lists

• 18 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hello,

A customer of ours uses sales price lists for their customers. They have now two sales locations (UK and US) outside their main office in the Netherlands (NL). UK and US sales locations are treated as customers. Customers outside of the Euro zone got orders priced in Euros. So no matter what country the customer is in.

The sales locations UK and US procure products from the NL location. They do this via their connected price list in Euro’s.

Main company wants these, for NL sales, to be handled in the currency of the receiving country. So UK will buy products and the sales order in NL is raised in GBP. For US this means sales orders in USD.

New pricelists must be prepared in both GBP and USD.

This is done in site for company NL which has currency code EUR.

When a part is raised in the new price list (stated in GBP for example) the base price for the part is calculated against a currency rate set.

Is there an option to use a specific currency rate set as US and UK sales locations have a fixed currency rate set for a longer period (let’s say a change every quarter of the year)?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @eqbstal,

Have you tried currency rate types? I have seen some customers maintaining multiple currency rate types for different purposes such as these.

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Susith,

Thanks for the idea. We tried this, but that didn’t exactly fit the need. We are now trying to manually adapt to the needs.

Regards,

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is follow up for Susith’s reply. After defining different currency rate types, and including it with required  currency rates. You can set those as default in company level as below;

Or individual supplier level;

or customer level;

Hope this helps you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@eqbstal 

I think setting up currency rate types as per Xavier’s comment would work for you? Try this and let us know.

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

All,

Thanks for your input. When looking only at the sales price list, there is a currency code and owning company. No currency rate set, nor a customer number. When the company has its based currency  in EUR and the sales price list is in USD, the standard rate set from the company default sell rate. That works great. However this default sell rate is the connected to the currency rates. As a result this follows the regular rate changes (per day, month) as currencies are bought and sold on the international markets.

Now comes in the daughter company (established as a customer in IFS). This is located in the US and hence wants to be invoiced in USD. However there is a different rate between mother/daughter situation than the international rate (most commonly this is a yearly set rate). The sales price list doesn’t show the base and calculated price correctly for these intercompany situations. Only when you, temporary, change the default sell rate at company level. The default sell rate from the company is used during customer order handling, so it is just not an option to set/reset the default sell rate per company.

I’ve advised company to work with a sales agreement, but they think that is far more work as than they have to prepare the price per part in stead of a discount per product range.

Hope I made things a bit clearer on why the currency rate set is not an option for my customer.

Regards,

Steve

Badge +1

that’s good