Solved

Converting Business Lead to a Business Opportunity

• 8 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am very new to IFS ERP and am attempting to educate myself throughout the software.  Can anyone please shed some insight into converting Business Leads into Business Opportunities and why I can’t find the converted opportunity anywhere?  I have tried this at least a dozen times using new customer, new prospects, existing customers.  The opportunity is nowhere to be found.  I understand once converted, the lead goes away.

icon

Best answer by Anushi Seneviratne 8 July 2021, 20:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

When it come to the business lead you can only convert that to a customer. Business lead allows you to enter and store information about potential customers. The information about the company, addresses and contacts can be stored. Also you can enter activities and define representatives for the lead.
You can create a customer from a business lead by using the right mouse button menu.

Once you create the customer, you can use that customer to create a business opportunity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @beverly.mcconnell ,

When the business lead is converted to a customer/prospect, that business lead record is automatically deleted by the system, and no longer exists, since it has been converted to a customer/prospect. see below screenshot taken from the IFS help documentation.

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @beverly.mcconnell ,

Adding to the same, once the customer is created, you can create a business opportunity from the ‘Customer’ window itself via the ‘Contact’ tab using the contact line RMB option ‘Create Business Opportunity.’   

Once the Business Opportunity is created, it will open the created business opportunity if you say yes to the Question it asks whether you want to view it. Else, you can query for the customer ID in Business Opportunities window and find all the related business opportunities for that customer. 

Thanks,

Anushi Seneviratne