Solved

Call Centre Global Solutions - Access Control Options

• 27 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We use Call Centre Cases extensively and we control access internally using Support Organisations and Case Types of “Local”. This stops Users from seeing Cases that should be limited from their access.

We are now looking to use Global Solutions but the same access controls do not seem to exist. It appears that regardless of your Support Organisation access you are able to see all Global Solutions and edit them if the permission sets allow it. Is anyone aware of any method for controlling access on which Global Solutions Users can see?

icon

Best answer by Aruna LIyanage 17 June 2021, 15:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @ANNIEMALINS ,

Not sure whether I got your need correctly. But just thought it’s worth to show you where we can setup related basic data.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Mithila,

Thank you for your reply. Apologies I might not have been clear in the question I have asked. We have different Support Orgnaisations set up controlling which assignees can acess certain Cases which works well. However, if I create a Global Solution against a Case then everyone who has access to the Global Solutions screen has access to view it regardless of which Support Organisation it is linked to. If the User has edit access (required for their own global solutions) then they are able to edit other peoples solutions without error.

Please note this relates to internal users so the “Publish Type” does not help us with our issue.

Many thanks,

Annie

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Annie,

Could you please refer to the F1 help document where it says;

“If the current user is a customer-user (i.e., the user has a user property CUSTOMER_NO defined in the User Properties dialog box on the User window) then the user can only view the solutions which are published externally (with the value Publish Externally) for that customer. NoteTo access the User Properties dialog box, for the required user on the Explore Users window, right click and click Show Details and on the resulting User window, right click and click User Properties. Non customer-users can view both the externally and internally published solutions. ”

Will this answer your question?
If the users are  connected to customer, then this might be the cause.

Please do let us know if it works in favor of you.

Thanks & Best regards,
Aruna 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Aruna,

Thank you for your response. I think our comments may have overlapped, this is related to internal Users only not Customer so the “Publish Type” has no affect on the access as far as I can tell.

For context we have this set up using Support Organiations to control access because we have different companies all using our system, and need to be able define which internal users can see which Cases. The Support Organisation manages Case access perfectly (when using Local Case Type) but the Global Solutions seem open to all. I have attached some more detail which hopefully makes my query clearer.

Many thanks,

Annie

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Annie,
Thanks for the additional details provided in the document. I have now recreated the same behavior in CORE IFS too. It is clear that the cases and solutions work in different manner when comes to access.
Even after defining a customer against the user, and by changing the Publish type, same observation being made where the 2nd user could still see the global solution created by 1st user for his support organization.

I will verify this with the product development team and get back with the latest soon.

Best regards,
Aruna

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you Aruna your help is very much appreciated!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Annie,
I have checked this with product development team and confirmed that the reported behavior is the same in CORE IFS. The reason for the Global solution to be shown for every user is within its naming itself “Global”.
Once you approve a global solution, no matter what the organization it belongs, users should be able to search for this solution at any given place in application. This way, it ensures that every user is granted access to see the “Global” solutions available for the demand.
If any solution to be restricted with the visibility, then the option here is to keep the solution at a status prior to Approve.

Quoted from the IFS F1 help text:

“The publish type is set to Do not Publish by default when a Global Solution is created. It can be changed  to Publish Internally or Publish Externally. Depending on publish type the global solution will be shown within different search domains in IFS/Text Search. These search domains in turn are based on which domain user group a user is connected to, i.e., what information the user is authorized to see. The global solution will not be searchable in IFS/Text Search at all until the global solution has been approved.”

So the conclusion here is that cases and solutions do have different behavior when it comes to access.

Hope this clarifies the concern you had Annie. Do let me know if you need any further details on this.

Thanks & Best regards.
Aruna

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Aruna,

Thank you very much for your response it is much appreciated.

Just to confirm, for me the Solution will always show regardless of whether it is marked “Approved” or not, as you can see in the attachment I sent previously. We do not use the IFS/ Text Search, it is the visibility for those who have access to the Global Solution screen itself which is our concern.

Thank you for confirming the behaviour, it is just a shame that the access cannot be controlled.

Many thanks, ​​​​​​​

Annie