Question

Apps 9 - 3rd party hauler/shipment intergration help needed

• 18 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We are currently using a 3rd party haulier to deliver goods produced at our sites. When doing this we have an event based solution that fires when a new shipment is created with a particular ship via. 
The event registers key shipment information in a custom table. That table is then captured and sent to an FTP folder via IFS connect/application messages.

It can be a little unreliable, due to the fact that users are able to update shipments and events aren’t always firing. Coupled with the occasional application message fail, and table lock it’s not a reliable solution.

I am tempted to reconfigure the events to fire from the shipment table only, but am finding that as the changes are registered on the customer order, the shipment is only a reference so doesn’t recognise any changes! 

Am wondering best way to approach this. Does anyone else have any 3rd party hauliers you need to send information almost real time with updates? Our customers change their mind frequently and we like to be flexible.

Any integration suggestions?? 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Bruce - I think more information might be needed. What kind of information is being sent - I assume the information being sent must be the reason why you are not using dispatch advice?

It is possible to have delivery confirmation on, so you can send dispatch advice (pallets, products etc) before IFS considers the order properly delivered which is quite robust.

In short it depends what you are using the message for as to whether there is a more reliable solution!